DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recorded video has sound on DJI app, but mute when playing SD on computer

brionbrioni

Reactions
Hi Guys,

really sorry if this is a dumb question or its been addressed. So i record a video with my mavic. I play the video in the DJI GO APP, i hear the sound which is recorded by my iphone or ipad.

Once i take the SD card out, put it in my computer i play back and there is no AUDIO..

can you shed some light on this?

Reactions: EsiMavic
Okay, the recording in the SD is the direct feed from the mavic camera, the video you viewed on your phone is the video feed cache - this also records the audio from the mic on your phone, BUT the Mavic it self does not have a mic. So the on board recording (SD card) will not have an audio track.

Hope that helps you.

Reactions: brionbrioni
Check the settings of the dji go app on your iphone or ipad and see if the microphone has access to your go app

the audio DOES PLAY on the app, when i take the SD out and play clip on computer its silent

Hmmm. Cause i tried that once and it recorded everything i was saying. Did you check your settings though?

Okay, the recording in the SD is the direct feed from the mavic camera, the video you viewed on your phone is the video feed cache - this also records the audio from the mic on your phone, BUT the Mavic it self does not have a mic. So the on board recording (SD card) will not have an audio track.

Hope that helps you.
so completely normal then? :)

Reactions: Kilrah
Seriously though - this is such a simple thing. The Mavic does not have a mic, so the SD card which is recording the full hd feed will be without audio. The mobile device is just the video feed cache and has recorded the audio from your mobile mic. It's a no-brainer.

so how do you get sound with video to a mac computer. I'm really struggling with this. I can hear it in the go4 app but once downloaded no sound. I think i even dl the cache version, seemed like that was a choice between the original recording.

Ok thanks for clearing this. Ok so when you edit on your phone there will be sound but direct from sd none. Thanks

The videos that you can edit on your phone are only cache video.
I guess on iOS you can choose to enabled audio on cache videos.while on android it is enabled already.

I found I could dl vid from the go4 app editor with audio to my phone but only a max of 720p, does anyone know if this is its limitation or can a setting be changed?

Cache is a... cache of the live transmission, which is at reduced resolution and quality.

If you want the good video with audio you download both the cache video and the SD video, and line up the cache's audio track with the SD video in your favorite video editor.

Reactions: Richard X
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura