DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red-ish Vignette Around Footage

Klintala

Reactions
Problem? My footage has a red-ish vignette

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? with and without Nd/Pl filters. Different times of day. Pointing towards and away from the sun

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
iPhone

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
Most recent as of 6/16/2018

What Go app version are you using?
Most recent as of 6/16/2018

Any modification?
(No

Did you change anything or install any apps? No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?

https://i.imgur.com/Z7nhRSH.jpg

Attachments

• 31C42188-A42C-42B9-9D6D-89EC09144E79.png
    31C42188-A42C-42B9-9D6D-89EC09144E79.png
    863.7 KB · Views: 14
  • E388076F-7B20-4C5E-A952-7C1DD9BE33B8.png
    E388076F-7B20-4C5E-A952-7C1DD9BE33B8.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
When did you have this problem? Recently? Or since you've got the drone?

Recently.

I’ve had the drone for about 3 weeks. All of my footage from previous outings seem fine. I only noticed it on footage from this weekend.
The only thing that changed this weekend was dropping the shutter speed to 1/50. This was also my first attempt at shooting in low light. But if I remember correctly it also appears on clips from this weekend that were filmed midday with adequate lighting.

I guess what you have there is a warm spot. Many users have this problem on their MP. The only way to fix it is to remove them after with some editing.
Unfortunately it is one of the many flaws that come along with the MP. I have the same problem too when im shooting RAW.
Check out this thread about this problem: Who's returning their mavic because of the warm spot?

I guess what you have there is a warm spot. Many users have this problem on their MP. The only way to fix it is to remove them after with some editing.
Unfortunately it is one of the many flaws that come along with the MP. I have the same problem too when im shooting RAW.
Check out this thread about this problem: Who's returning their mavic because of the warm spot?

Thank you!!

I will definitely see what I can do to mitigate it then. I’ve seen some awesome footage from these things so if it require a little extra I post, that is fine. I just wanted to make sure that my product wasn’t defective.

DJI already made a statement about this in their forums, it apparently happens in everyones aircraft. It is due to the assembly of the camera being so compact.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato