DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red Light on DJI quad charger hub with battery just kicking off (Mavic 2 Pro)

RawRock

Reactions
I have a battery that I put on a DJI quad hub with two other batteries, and when it cycles around to that battery the led light on the hub turns red and the battery does not charge. Battery has half a charge and when you hit the button it will still show you half a charge left; but it keeps doing that same thing with a red led alert. I put the battery on a quick charger that isn’t DJI (It’s Smatree) and the Smatree charger is always loud when it charges, and you can hear it charge loudly for about 7 seconds and stop. Then it will shut off after the 7 seconds of charging and the battery shuts off, then it will kick back on charging loudly for about 7 seconds again, and continue that routine over and over. After about 6 cycles of that it will kick off for a while-like 20 seconds and then try again, going through the cycle of charging 7 seconds over and over again…. Does anyone think that the battery is ruined? Is it safe to use? Is there a way to reset the battery since its an intelligent battery? I can’t believe there isn’t more threads on here about this issue…. Thank you guys for any advice…

@RawRock you dont say how many charges the battery has had ,and what is the state of the remaining charge in the battery ,its possible that if it has gone completely flat then the cells have been compromised and are unable to take on a charge anymore,
it could also be a malfunction of the battery protection circuits in the batteries control board that is preventing the battery from charging

Reactions: RawRock
I have a battery that I put on a DJI quad hub with two other batteries, and when it cycles around to that battery the led light on the hub turns red and the battery does not charge. Battery has half a charge and when you hit the button it will still show you half a charge left; but it keeps doing that same thing with a red led alert. I put the battery on a quick charger that isn’t DJI (It’s Smatree) and the Smatree charger is always loud when it charges, and you can hear it charge loudly for about 7 seconds and stop. Then it will shut off after the 7 seconds of charging and the battery shuts off, then it will kick back on charging loudly for about 7 seconds again, and continue that routine over and over. After about 6 cycles of that it will kick off for a while-like 20 seconds and then try again, going through the cycle of charging 7 seconds over and over again…. Does anyone think that the battery is ruined? Is it safe to use? Is there a way to reset the battery since its an intelligent battery? I can’t believe there isn’t more threads on here about this issue…. Thank you guys for any advice…
The very reason why I will NOT invest in a new Pro 2. Too many problems with the batteries. Either swelling, starting on fire or not charging. Hope DJI figures out problem before introducing the 3, if and when.

The very reason why I will NOT invest in a new Pro 2. Too many problems with the batteries. Either swelling, starting on fire or not charging. Hope DJI figures out problem before introducing the 3, if and when.
Have had mine since they released them and only battery I had
swell was from a crash in water. And I have flown a lot.
I wouldn’t let that hold me back. Now their cost isn’t cheap
and you will see some threads on issues but who post on not
having any issues with anything. ?‍♂️

Reactions: old man mavic
Have had mine since they released them and only battery I had
swell was from a crash in water. And I have flown a lot.
I wouldn’t let that hold me back. Now their cost isn’t cheap
and you will see some threads on issues but who post on not
having any issues with anything. ?‍♂️
Yes, Pro 2 batteries are expensive. Too many horror stories to throw a bunch of bucks at. I have 8 Pro Platinum batteries and wife has four for hers. at least half of them are 9 or 10, 2017 vintage and function as new. All cells are balanced, charge to 100% and can't tell the difference between new as far as flight time is concerned. Hard to move forward when I have a fear of going backward. Best of luck on your Pro 2 LiPo's.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS