DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red ring around evening shots

Butterland

Reactions
Is this a setting I have on or can adjust? I think I was shooting in art, but not positive.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 98
The arrows? Likely camera artifact due to low light. Maybe just change the mode and experiment for this type of shot

Last edited:
yea that's the spot. Could it just be the 'art' setting? heres another one, same lighting and same circles, they're easier to see here.
any ideas on how to edit them out in post? The whole group of pics have some amount of it from that day. maybe its just the low light?

Attachments

• 3_1.20.1.jpg
    3_1.20.1.jpg
    836.1 KB · Views: 30
how do I shoot raw video?
its a mavic 1, I didn't know I could shoot raw

Switch to camera mode. Go to the camera settings and change “image format” to “RAW” or “RAW + JPEG.”

I would do “RAW+JPEG” if you haven’t edited RAW before just till you get the hang of it and JPEG images take up such little space anyway.

Keep in mind that RAW images can only be downloaded from the drone by hooking the memory card up to a computer via a card reader or by connecting the drone to the computer directly via the USB cord.

I just thought of something. There’s a setting also in the camera settings but on the page with the gear icon which is “auto turn off headlights when capture” Try turning this on. This may actually be the headlights in those pictures. I never understood why that setting was there but I don’t take pictures in the dark like that.

Reactions: Thomas B
I just thought of something. There’s a setting also in the camera settings but on the page with the gear icon which is “auto turn off headlights when capture” Try turning this on. This may actually be the headlights in those pictures. I never understood why that setting was there but I don’t take pictures in the dark like that.
Or try the gimble hood idea. I still think it is the nav lights as brett8883 suggests above.

Those were all shots from video. For images I always shoot raw-not that I know what to do with it, but it’s all I shiot.

But that doesn’t make your video raw? Right? I asssume I need the 20k camera for that

Right the Mavic isn’t capable of shooting raw video. Only DJI product I know of that can is the $20,000 Insipre Cinema DNG edition. Sorry I didn’t read your original response close enough, I didn’t realize these pictures were from video.

I’m dying to know forsure if this was from the nav lights or not hah. Have you tried filming with them off?

I’m not quite sure about the first image with the harder edge. The second and the third look like color-banding. That means, the color or more precisely the greyscale resolution isn’t high enough to create a smooth transition between the different “circles”.

If it’s just the codec and not the camera itself, you can solve it with shooting at a higher exposure value and reduce the exposure in the edit. Or maybe you can add a small blur to the image. I don’t know if something similar exists for video editing but in Photoshop there’s a blur filter called surface blur which doesn’t blur edges with higher contrast and therefore keeps the overall sharpness. Maybe this helps you finding something that fits.

Greetings
Jürgen

But that doesn’t make your video raw? Right? I asssume I need the 20k camera for that
The closest you'll get to RAW video on a Mavic is shooting 10-bit D-Log on a Mavic 2 Pro's Hasselblad camera.

I exclusively capture video that way and the quality is superb.

The closest you'll get to RAW video on a Mavic is shooting 10-bit D-Log on a Mavic 2 Pro's Hasselblad camera.

I exclusively capture video that way and the quality is superb.

I mean the 10-bit D-LOG is still only 100 mbps no different from, the Mavic Air, the Mavic 2 zoom or the Mavic 2 Pro in any other mode besides 10-bit D-Log. The Insipre 2 shoots Cinema Raw at 4gbps. The Mavic 2 Pro has a great camera don’t get me wrong but let’s not compare Teslas to F-16s here.

Is this a setting I have on or can adjust? I think I was shooting in art, but not positive.

I have the answer! I was browsing some things and came across this article and remembered your post.

It’s the nav lights forsure. Do you have filters on at night? It’s the light coming into the camera at such a steep angle that the light bounces off the inside of the camera causing this effect. Probably worst at night because the higher ISO and the nav lights being the only real source of light.

I mean the 10-bit D-LOG is still only 100 mbps no different from, the Mavic Air, the Mavic 2 zoom or the Mavic 2 Pro in any other mode besides 10-bit D-Log.

Thus, my comment is still that the closest one will get to "raw" video on a M2P is capturing in 10-bit D-Log.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661