DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red status light blinking... is it due to NFZ?

wms

Reactions
Hi, I'm a noob when it comes to the mavic, just got it last week and I have a question. With all my issues with a P2 I got pretty paranoid I guess...

1. I only tried flying it in my back yard, which sadly is on the edge of a red restricted zone (stadium). when I attempt to take off, I get a warning, then it proceeds as normal. Except, all the time I'm getting 2-3 green flashes followed by one long (like 2 second) red flash, this happens while on the ground too. Is it due to the NFZ nearby or could it be another problem? All status indicators in the app say Normal, plus I powered it up somewhere else earlier today and didn't get any red lights, though I didn't take off.

2. When I turn the aircraft off, the top green LED on the battery stays on as it powers down, for like a second or two after everything else goes off. The battery looks fine in the app, is this behaviour normal?

Sorry for dumb paranoid questions but **** I don't wanna crash it or worse the first time I take it out somewhere nice lol

Reactions: pvs
I have similar near my house. Just inside a 5NM halo of an airport. Controller reports "Near NFZ". I can certainly fly, but get constant 5 to 7 green, then two longer-duration red rear lights. I assume it is because of NFZ, as this does not happen at a park I fly at. I'd love confirmation though. ;)

I have the same condition with the lights and I'm just within a NFZ, would also like to confirm. No other issues during flight.

Oh yeah I did confirm it a couple days after I made this thread. Yes it is due to a nearby NFZ. I went to the countryside and did a couple flights, no red light whatsoever.

Reactions: pvs
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu