DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reflective tape

A lot of people use Led’s That attach to the arms of the drone. I personally think it’s better than tape.

Does anyone use reflective tape to make the drone easier to see when it's in the air?
Hopefully not the metallic reflective tape? That could cause compass issues and if on the top of the drone it could cause GPS signal issues.

Have not done it jet, but some of the custom wraps would also increase visibility of drone. But LED's are the way to go, some when also let you fly at night.

Reactions: Porky
I use non-metallic, reflective contact strips that LEOs, emergency responders, hunters, flight-line workers, etc. sew and/or stick on their clothing. Extremely light, and extremely reflective. And you can get pretty artistic with it. I have added to my Caribbean-blue wrap which also increases the visibility.

What I like about the tape is it flashes as if its mirrors when the sun catches it. It helps...but not as much as the Firehouse 4-led strobe!

I use multi-colored reflective tape strips on the top of my drones.....to deter bird strikes. The multicolored reflections repel them, and they turn away.

Reactions: Prismatic
Does anyone use reflective tape to make the drone easier to see when it's in the air?

Yes, no issues with GPS or compass- I put a patch on every side and bottom, and I also use strobes. Just with the reflective tape, it is very viewable using a small spot light in the air and on the ground. I mainly did this for recovery in case it lands in thick brush or in a tree.81C90B25-7AA9-419C-A418-6F4AD6343348.jpeg

@AMann: I like what you did here. The contrast of white and red increases the visibility even without the reflectivity. In a similar fashion, I have a white diagonal stripe on the top of my red spark (Diver down flag).

I have used a strobe in the day-time, but it mostly helps when you get in front of a dark background (trees, hills, etc.). Not very helpful to me during the day when it is up in the sky.

I have toyed with the idea of wrapping my aircraft in white, since white is very visible on a bright day, and even conducted a few experiments. It is helpful, but not in all situations. It doesn't hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMann
Hunters orange is good for daytime visibility and then the fluorescent green for cloudy days or low light times of the day...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman