DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refurb Air 2S has trouble connecting; did I get a dud?

astrohip

Reactions
When I sent my Air 2S in for repairs, I was sent a Refurb in return (story here). It's having problems staying connected, an issue I never had with my original.

Details: Drone is powered up, controller is ready. I'll do a takeoff, and within 5-10 seconds, I get a "RC not connected to mobile device". See attached photo. It might go away within seconds, or not. The drone & controller are only 10 feet apart. Or maybe I start to fly, and I might be a couple hundred feet away (clear line of sight), and the message pops up. Then I might not get it for an entire flight. Then it will pop up several times in a single flight.

Sometimes it does it before it even takes off.

Battery is good. Distance is close or closer. No weird conditions I can think of. It's done this since I got it back. Erratic, but consistently happens.

Is it a dud?

Attachments

• rc.jpg
    rc.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 12
That's a problem with the cabled connection between the controller and the phone or tablet you are using. Check the cable plugs are seated correctly and the correct way around, the plug that goes into the controller has a barely visible controller-like image on it.
If this tablet/phone uses a micro USB connection check that the tablet/phone connects to a computer.

It is nothing to do with the drone, you should still have control of the drone.

If the plugs are seated correctly and the tablet/phone connects to a computer without a problem then try a different cable. Note I do not know if the cable requires an OTG plug on the controller end, I do not know if such a thing is relevant to USB-C connections.

If neither the tablet/phone nor cable prove faulty then the problem may be in the controller. Do you unplug the cable from the controller frequently?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13