DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refurb Mini 2 won't fly

60Cents

Reactions
I bought a refurbished Mini 2 for the fun of it. I can connect to the drone, flip the slider to take off and nothing happens. I have a Sandisk Ultra Plus 64Gb card that won't format. I don't think that is the problem but I'm going back to WalMart to get another, less perfect card. I need firmware updates on the drone and the RC but doing that seems to be a mystery, Still, my app says "Ready to Fly." What is the problem?

Where did you buy it? What company refurbished it? How did they refurbish it? Why did it need refurbishment?
What controller are you using?

Additionally what app are you using?
With Fly, an RC231 controller and an Android phone, there is no "slider" to "flip".
I see a button that when pressed leads to another button that has to be touched for several seconds before the drone will start its motors and launch itself.

I bought a refurbished Mini 2 for the fun of it. I can connect to the drone, flip the slider to take off and nothing happens. I have a Sandisk Ultra Plus 64Gb card that won't format. I don't think that is the problem but I'm going back to WalMart to get another, less perfect card. I need firmware updates on the drone and the RC but doing that seems to be a mystery, Still, my app says "Ready to Fly." What is the problem?
Try moving the sticks cross corner... left stick to down right and right stick to down left. Should start the rotors at that point, Dont know what you are saying about flipping a slider. There is a take off button on the screen that when you press, you need to hold. You will see a green light circling it all the way around before rotors start.
As for the sand disk ultra, how are you trying to format it. I would format in the drone itself.

Have a look at the manual before going any further. There's no slider to flip. And you need to set up a DJI account and activate the drone.

Be aware that you're required by the FAA to obtain the TRUST certificate before flying.

Last edited:
Are you getting a camera view on the device you use, phone, tablet? If so, you can start the motors by moving the sticks to outer or inner bottom corners. You also need enough satellites to use gps. A voice tells you, “your homepoint has been updated, please check it on the map”. Only then is it ready to liftoff. Please pay attention to any warnings that come on screen, they’re important.
You’ve got a lot of reading and YouTube videos ahead of you or be in a lot of ….and out some $. Good luck

Have a look at the manual before going any further. There's no slider to flip. And you need to set up a DJI account and activate the drone.

Be aware that you're required by the FAA to obtain the TRUST certificate before flying.

Thanks for the link to the manual. looked for it but couldn't find anything but Youtube videos. I had a copy of DJI Fly on my phone but it was out of date and didn't work. I could not find DJI Fly app on Google store so I D/L what I could. The QR code on the manual got me to the link for the right app. It is going through firmware updates now.
Are you getting a camera view on the device you use, phone, tablet? If so, you can start the motors by moving the sticks to outer or inner bottom corners. You also need enough satellites to use gps. A voice tells you, “your homepoint has been updated, please check it on the map”. Only then is it ready to liftoff. Please pay attention to any warnings that come on screen, they’re important.
You’ve got a lot of reading and YouTube videos ahead of you or be in a lot of ….and out some $. Good luck
Thanks Capt KO. I think I have it figured out. I haven't been able to fly yet. Weather. Getting the current DJI Fly app on my cell phone made all the difference in the world. I've activated the drone with DJI and upgraded the firmware.
But.
I'm still getting an "unable to fly" warning in the app. The reason appears to be an altitude warning. I live at 7300 feet and have several DJI drones with no similar problems. Apparently, this drone came from sea level or something close.
If you know how to eliminate that issue, I would appreciate it. I'll be working with this drone later today when the weather clears.

7,300ft is well below the mini 2's MSL ceiling of 4,000m.
Previous heights are irrelevant.
Touch the "unable to fly" and see what other information is revealed.
If you have been attempting to fly indoors then the warning probably relates to lighting, the room needs to be well lit with a clear, non repetitive, readily discernible 'floor' pattern.

7,300ft is well below the mini 2's MSL ceiling of 4,000m.
Previous heights are irrelevant.
Touch the "unable to fly" and see what other information is revealed.
If you have been attempting to fly indoors then the warning probably relates to lighting, the room needs to be well lit with a clear, non repetitive, readily discernible 'floor' pattern.
Thanks for that information. I taped the notice which took me to another screen. I tapped the altitude warning and it disappeared. I'm flying normally now. Thanks agaain

Interesting. Wasn't aware that we had to do anything in the U.S. if we had a Mini 2 being under 250g.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13