DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regarding International penalties and fines

Dont forget Greece has signed up to the European Arrest Warrant. This is a terrible bit of vague legislation that allows countries to arrest, charge and deport people with little or no evidence for even minor apparently offences. So in theory if they wanted to, any outstanding charges in Greece would mean you cant actually go safely anywhere in the EU.
Whether they'd actually bother doing that i doubt.

No interpol needed - the EAW was designed for this sort of thing region wide so if they wanted to you could have issues anywhere in europe at a future date.

You can't enter the US with an unpaid 20 year old speeding fine for example.

That said, why not actually not be an arsehole and obey the laws of the country you're a guest in and not give drone users even more of a bad reputation by wilfully ignoring them?

Why do you think its unenforceable?
How would it be? He is not a US citizen, not living in the US,etc.. What exactly do you think the FAA could do.
I could see if he was coming back to the US how they could enforce it, but other than that, don't see it happening.
If i got a 10k fine from say Canada for flying a drone, id tell them to go pound sand once I was back in the US.

How would it be? He is not a US citizen, not living in the US,etc.. What exactly do you think the FAA could do.
I could see if he was coming back to the US how they could enforce it, but other than that, don't see it happening.
If i got a 10k fine from say Canada for flying a drone, id tell them to go pound sand once I was back in the US.

They can convert the fine to a legal judgement and seek enforcement in a foreign court. I think it's pretty unlikely they go that far, but legally there is a mechanism to enforce civil judgments overseas between most countries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore