DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regarding the title of the Mavic Mini forum, since there is no DJI Mini 1 could/should the forum title be changed to Mavic Mini?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
Just noticed that error. To me it seems a bad idea to 'promote' incorrect naming of the drone even if it is apparent that the Mavic Mini is the drone referred to.

I think it may confuse people if they did that. Because Mavic Mini to some people encompass all the mini line. But I see what you are talking about. When it came out it was referred to as the Mavic Mini.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Hmm, perhaps then "Mavic Mini / Mini 1" and I see your point.
I have just noticed that the group comes under the banner "Mavic Mini series" which is also incorrect post Mavic Mini mini drones do not have "Mavic" in their names. lol

The same could be said for the mini's bigger siblings.

Mavic Air 1.

Mavic Air 2.

Mavic Air2s.

DJI calls it the Air 2s. No Mavic.

It's listed here in the Forum as the Mavic Air 2s and people refer to it as such.

You think Mavic and you know it has folding legs. 😃

That's marketing for ya. 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
The misuse of mini 3 annoys me the most. So many people refer to the mini 3 Pro simply as the mini 3 and they are very different aircraft with different compatibilities and features. There is a mini 3 forum, but not separate forums for the mini 3 and the mini 3 pro.
Searching for info specific to mini 3 only (and not the pro) leads to all kinds of non relevant info.

I will pass this to the administrators to see if they can/will shed some light on the subject

It's even worse than you've outlined above. There's no Mavic Air 1.

It's just the Mavic Air.

• Haha
Reactions: MA2 317
I think it may confuse people if they did that. Because Mavic Mini to some people encompass all the mini line. But I see what you are talking about. When it came out it was referred to as the Mavic Mini.
Exactly.

I started using the designation Mini-1 early on, to give it a distinct name. "Mavic Mini", while historically accurate, is ambiguous.

Keep the much clearer Mini-1 designation!

:cool:

Reactions: clackey
I have just noticed that the group comes under the banner "Mavic Mini series" which is also incorrect post Mavic Mini mini drones do not have "Mavic" in their names. lol
As the owner of both a Mavic Air and a Mavic Mini, I can assure you that 'Mavic' appears on the Mini.

Attachments

• Mini.jpg
    Mini.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: 3rdof5
As the owner of both a Mavic Air and a Mavic Mini, I can assure you that 'Mavic' appears on the Mini.
All the minis are based on the Mavic design so that makes perfect sense. There is no Phantom or Inspire mini lol so clearly they are all Mavics.
This topic is even worse now with the release of the M3P. What does that mean? Is that the Mavic 3 Pro or mini 3 Pro?
Imo users need to take some of the responsibility and properly identify their aircraft when posting. Luckily I can just say Classic when referring to my Mavic 3 as there has only ever been 1 Classic of any model released. I'm getting really tired of having to say mini 3 (not the Pro). To be very honest, researching my mini3 tends to lead me outside this forum for that very reason.

Ya, there is no perfect solution for this, especially with DJI removing the mavic designation after the original mini & air. Some claim we should create completely separate forums (sites) for mini, air, etc... like we did for spark. We've found sites need a critical mass to be successful long-term so we'll continue utilizing this site for anything that resembles the iconic Mavic form and work through the naming challenges as best possible.

C.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG