DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registering Airdata UAV: use your DJICom login?

Ronny St.

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Maybe a stupid question, but after trying to find a solution on the internet I did not get any conclusive answer. So I will post it here ;)
I want to install Airdata UAV for my Mavic Mini, but I wonder if it is necessary or for some reason maybe better to use the login of DJIcom? What is the best?
Thanks for answering!

Greetings from Belgium (in the middle of a heatwave with temperatures above 35°C, so flying now is no option),

Ronny

Last edited:
At the top, above your first post there is three dots...
Click that, then click edit thread. ??
Thank you, I did not find it myself :oops:, but now I know how to do it (and did it already).

In the meantime I found this on the forum:

'The DJI email and password setup is there so that you can sync your flight logs to Airdata from DJI servers. So you enter the same DJI account email and password you use in your GO4 and Airdata will fetch your flight logs from DJI's servers on its own. But for that to work, you will have to first sync your flight logs with DJI from GO4 in the mobile device(s) you use.'

So according to that, I should use my DJI login for Airdata as well. I hope I am correct before making an account that cannot be used.

Last edited:
Oops, seems I did put it in the wrong section of the forum. Thank you admins to move it to this correct section and sorry for my mistake.

... So according to that, I should use my DJI login for Airdata as well. I hope I am correct before making an account that cannot be used.

You have one account with DJI which you will use when you log on in the DJI FLY or GO4 ... Then you have another account for Airdata ... (which can have the same log in info as the DJI account, you decide ...)

Once logged into Airdata you then use the DJI log in to set up the sync from the DJI cloud service.

You have one account with DJI which you will use when you log on in the DJI FLY or GO4 ... Then you have another account for Airdata ... (which can have the same log in info as the DJI account, you decide ...)

Once logged into Airdata you then use the DJI log in to set up the sync from the DJI cloud service.
Thanks for responding, slup. Are there backsides on using the same account that might give problems in the future?

I wonder if you, others users of Airdata, use your dji account login or took another login and password? Nowadays one has to be careful with accounts and passwords on a smartphone, ;). I read somewhere on this forum as someone wrote: Is it safe to give them (airdata uav) your dji login and password? and the answer was: It depends on what they do with it. I wouldn't give anyone my DJI account password. But, as slup in this topic wrote, you have to enter you DJI login nevertheless to get the sync from DJI cloud service started, so it seems they can get your DJI login whatsoever if they want it...
And I am quite sure we all sometimes go higher or further (beyond VLOS) than is officially permitted, I think that is in the nature of mankind ;)

Last edited:
I use the same account name for both but a slightly different password. I don’t think it matters what you use as long as both systems accept them.

Reactions: Ronny St.
Thanks for responding, slup. Are there backsides on using the same account that might give problems in the future?

I generally recommend using a unique password for every site. That way if a site is compromised, the hacker doesn't gain access to every other place you used that password.

I use the same account name for both but a slightly different password. I don’t think it matters what you use as long as both systems accept them.
As far as I see, one has to enter an email address and a password. I do not want to get a new mail address if possible, but I do not see a request for an account name anywhere, maybe that is in a following screen? I have still not registered awaiting the response here ;) As told before, I want to avoid making an account which I better don't use furtherway...
Screenshot_2020-08-13 Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones.jpg

As far as I see, one has to enter an email address and a password. I do not want to get a new mail address if possible, but I do not see a username anyware, maybe that is in a following screen? I have still not registered awaiting the response here ;)
View attachment 110516
The email address is your username.

Thanks all for responding. I just registered Airdata UAV with the password suggested by Firefox, so completely different from my DJI account password. That, I think, is safer or cannot harm at least.
I am now exploring the vast number of information found off my flights on Airdata and it looks really great! I saw you can also upload pictures taken by the MM, which might be a nice extra backup Thumbswayup

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000