DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration Help needed

Hello
I am very new to owning a drone and live in Spain.
Can anyone help me with the registration in Spain please as I have not got a clue what to do.

Thanks Los Lobos'
This may help you better than myself, since I can't read Spanish.. Dear Sir,

European UAS regulation applies from 31 December 2020. Complete information is available on the Spanish Aviation Safety and Security Agency(AESA) web site: Drones | AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento

Also you can find additional information on the FAQ European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) web site: Drones (UAS) | EASA

Here are the minimum requirements to fly an UAS:

• Registration as a drone operator: Unless they are certified, drones do not need to be registered, but you, as drone operator/owner, must register yourself. You do so with the National Aviation Authority of the EU country you residence in or the country you are going to fly in.
  • Remote pilot training: Training requirements depend on the operation category. For further information of subject matter we recommend AESA web site section “Formación de pilotos a distancia de UAS/drones”.
  • Appropriate insurance: According EU regulation, you, as drone operator, are always required to have an insurance for your drone if you are using a drone with a weight above 20kg. However according Spanish regulations, a third-party insurance is mandatory for any weight of UAS.
  • General flight rules: As well as the training, flight rules depend on the operation category. You can find information about different operational categories on AESA web site section “Operaciones con UAS/drones”.
  • UAS geographical zone: In addition to the general flight rules, there are limitations according zones due to several reasons: vicinity of aerodromes, military area, critical infrastructure protection, environmental protection, etc. For further information refer to the section “Vuelos Con UAS/Drones (Zonificación)” on the AESA web site in order to know requirements and limitations of the Spanish UAS geographical zones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN