DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regrets about your Mavic Pro purchase?.. Poll

Do you regret spending your hard earned cash for this machine ?

• No way buddy, i'd happily spend my money on this again if i had to..

Votes: 96 95.0%
  • Yes!!!... What the heck was i thinking..

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am running a Sonya Xperia phone, which works great.
Note that the new Go4 will only work with android 7 or above, as far as I know, there are known problems with running lower operating systems.
I also run it with an IPad Air 2, that also is a great bit of kit.

Very sensible, I would also go to the DJI website and download a copy of the manual, and read it, SEVERAL TIMES!.
Will definitely be a help to you when your MP arrives, you will understand it's functions a lot easier.

I would advise any new member who has never flown a drone to download the manual (to whatever it is you are buying!)
a get ahead of the game before you receive it, or fly it!.
Trust me, it will be worth the read!,,

Reactions: robbiew
ok i just dl the manual, next on my list is to start looking for newish phones or small tablets, maybe see what i-devices i can get cheaply.
I reckon i should be purchasing next week, and then wait for delivery.. plenty of good flying weather before the weather turns bad here in Ireland.
So i'll keep you guys posted with my progress..

Just out of curio, where are you buying your Mavic from?

once i have the full amount on my card, if the official DJI distributor doesn't have any in stock, i'll most likely buy from DJI themselves online..

Very happy with mine. I don't think the
Gimbal stability is up to the bigger P4 and P3 gimbals. They lock the camera position with uncanny precision, while the Mavic will show some camera movement sometimes. Latest firmware crashes GO4 left and right with my Galaxy 7. Even goes into portrait mode on occasion! Try and make sense out of that! My main complaint is that long after dark (shame on me) in a tree laden park, there was no fancy gadget that prevented me from going to low while flying across the park to my position. So the dumb Mavic decides to run into a tree, and it tore the camera loose. MAYBE, it was my fault, and I should have verified that my altitude was above the trees, before attempting to fly over them! Love it, glad I got it. Amazing piece of technology. INTERESTINGLY, I STILL LOVE MY P3 PROFESSIONAL. THE PICTURES ARE TOP NOTCH, AND I DON'T NOTICE A DIFFERENCE TO MY P4. THE RANGE BEATS THE P4. I ran it into a powerline, it did a flip, recovered, and I flew it home. No damage. I've been 10,000' out to sea at midnight in gail like conditions. Great views of the shoreline, and I wasn't even worried. The thing has been bullet proof reliable.

Very happy with mine. I don't think the
Gimbal stability is up to the bigger P4 and P3 gimbals. They lock the camera position with uncanny precision, while the Mavic will show some camera movement sometimes. Latest firmware crashes GO4 left and right with my Galaxy 7. Even goes into portrait mode on occasion! Try and make sense out of that! My main complaint is that long after dark (shame on me) in a tree laden park, there was no fancy gadget that prevented me from going to low while flying across the park to my position. So the dumb Mavic decides to run into a tree, and it tore the camera loose. MAYBE, it was my fault, and I should have verified that my altitude was above the trees, before attempting to fly over them! Love it, glad I got it. Amazing piece of technology. INTERESTINGLY, I STILL LOVE MY P3 PROFESSIONAL. THE PICTURES ARE TOP NOTCH, AND I DON'T NOTICE A DIFFERENCE TO MY P4. THE RANGE BEATS THE P4. I ran it into a powerline, it did a flip, recovered, and I flew it home. No damage. I've been 10,000' out to sea at midnight in gail like conditions. Great views of the shoreline, and I wasn't even worried. The thing has been bullet proof reliable.
Great story, got any video footage online we can take a look at?

once i have the full amount on my card, if the official DJI distributor doesn't have any in stock, i'll most likely buy from DJI themselves online..

I got mine from a UK supplier (Buzzflyer, Sudbury) they deliver next day, and have Mavics in stock.
AND they are a recognised DJI repair centre, what more could you want!
Great after sales, technical, more importantly UK based.

I got mine from a UK supplier (Buzzflyer, Sudbury) they deliver next day, and have Mavics in stock.
AND they are a recognised DJI repair centre, what more could you want!
Great after sales, technical, more importantly UK based.
a great source indeed.. it's also only dawned on me that apart from buying the Fly more combo next week, it'll prob cost me another couple of hundred euros to get an iphone or ipad to use with it, since my current android phone is almost 10 years now..

I do regret buying my Mavic Pro. Not that it's not awesome, because it is. I bought it for the wrong reasons. I have a relative who is a professional photographer, and he bought a Phantom 4. I was watching him fly and it looked like fun so I purchased the Mavic. I just find I spent too much money for what I really wanted, a toy. Not the drones fault, obviously.

No just get the insurance when you get it. If you wait it is a ***** to get after 48 hours.
Hey guys, My first post :) Almost got my money to get me a Mavic Pro..

just wondering has anyone got any regrets about buying this amazing piece of hardware ?

Great idea ceejay, will download the manual now, also just checked the phone requirements, seems my android 4.4.2 on HTC could be an issue, so i might buy a used newer model, iPhones seem to be less troublesome after reading a lot of reviews. even though i'm not an IOS fan..
Go for a iPad mini 2 or newer no problems with them at all plus excellent screen

Great idea ceejay, will download the manual now, also just checked the phone requirements, seems my android 4.4.2 on HTC could be an issue, so i might buy a used newer model, iPhones seem to be less troublesome after reading a lot of reviews. even though i'm not an IOS fan..

I had nothing but problems trying to use Android with my mavic, even with a decent spec phone the video feed from the mavic was choppy. I'm not an IOS fan either but I bought an ipad mini 2 and the difference is amazing, video feed is smooth and the larger screen helps too, having said that I am an old git with dodgy eyesight !!

I had a blade chroma before and sold it to get the mavic. The chroma had issues with GPS signal loss at random times. That's why i changed and couldn't be happier! I've never had GPS disconnect with the mavic. I've had the go4 app crash but, does reconnect within 5 seconds. So, I started using my Vizio TV remote (tablet) instead of my Galaxy S7 edge and now that problem is solved. Mavic pro is awesome!

Hey guys, My first post :) Almost got my money to get me a Mavic Pro..

just wondering has anyone got any regrets about buying this amazing piece of hardware ?
I have lost it two months ago and I have just bought another one to tried to reduce my heart pain when I saw my combo set without mavic pro ...Now feel better..

I love mine too had it since nov and still love it no problems at all just learn all about it before you fly it just like i did

I regret but am in a special category--a New Yorker. I had no idea that they were illegal in NYC. The only legal place for me to fly that is within the range of public transportation is Flushing Meadows Park that really stinks for drone use. My advice is to not waste your money if you are in New York . I suppose that everybody posting here already owns one but if you have friends in NYC who are thinking about buying one, I'd warn them about the drawbacks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure