DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regular LiPo for Mavic Air 1 ? (No more original batteries avaliable...)

Tsvi

Reactions
Hi,
Like a lot of us, after few years my Mavic Air 1 batteries had swollen to a point I dont want to endanger my surrounds by charging them...
I really would likr to know if any of you had succesfully remplace the cells or found a way to connect a regular LiPo battery
(keeping at least a flight time telemetry)

Thanks !

Your best bet is probably to buy a replacement battery. I ran into the same problem with my Spark - batteries are hard to find and the ones that are out there are more expensive. I got an eBay link for a battery from a fellow member on the Spark forum. Here’s the link for Mavic Air 1 Batteries from the same seller. They shipped fast and my Spark battery was brand new and worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Oops just realized that @crlmjohnson just posted the same link as I was typing mine.

Chris

Thanks,
the thing is that for the same price as 4 batteries... I can buy a brand new DJI mavic mini 2 fly more combo...
So my question is -
Does anyone replace original battery with a regular one with an adapter or successfully replace the old cells ?

(Knowing that every battery is about 15min flight, the minimum for me is 4 batteries in order to enjoy...)

You can look into UAVMODS. Never used them, but they seem to sell battery mods.

Chris

I find it very unethical for DJI to sell such good products that you have to discard them as soon as they discontinue to make the batteries.
The batteries are cleary the weak link in the life cycle of the drones.
I have a Mavic Air which still flies except for the lack of batteries out there.
They should force themselves to have a stock as well as spare parts. I have had it since early 2019. So after barely 3 years it is not environment friendly to be forced to buy a newer product...
I suppose the same will happen with the Mavic 2 and I'm thinking I should make my own stock.
I am following some construction projects and since there seems to be no way to export my waypoint missions to another model (Mavic 3?) I will be stuck with a discontinuity in my follow-up missions and hyperlapse.
Shame, shame, shame...

trust me...I agree with you 100%.....I used my drone for side jobs also. I do a lot of work in the summer months, in the heat. I try very hard to keep my batteries out of the sun, and when I am finish.. I tried to get them to some shade to cool off as fast as possible. I own a Mavic Pro 2 and a mavic air. I purchase brought of these drones when they was first deliver to the market by DJI. I just purchase six new batteries for my mavic Pro 2 this year. I had already own six prior to the purchase I have 9 batteries total that are workable, 6 new. 3 from my original set, and 3 swollen.

Mavic air...I just purchase 2 extra this year. I own 4 batteries for my Mavic air.

I think taking care of the batteries for these drones are the most important item/thing/subject, especially, if you want to keep them in the air, and cost down on purchasing more batteries over time.

I am trying to decide on how to installed some type of fan system in my drone case, power by recharge-able batteries. air vents in the side of the case to allow the heat to dissipate from the case. I made my drone case from a tool case. that way the batteries can start to cool off after I finish flying, and I can finish my drone mission, until I get them to a more cooler environment, like home.

trust me I will come up with something...over time.

I did for my drone pad and my drone case.....

Hi,
So it happen also to me, I thought maybe to transfer the Mavic air electronics to a standard F450.
Do you think it is possible ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000