DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regular vs Enterprise Propellers

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
Just curious. Since both are priced equally, has anyone tried the Enterprise-version propellers on any of the regular Mavic 3 series? Are there any performance gains or other benefits? From the picture, the Enterprise propellers seem slightly different than the regular ones. I'm not trying to compare either of them with the MAS propellers.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
Just curious. Since both are priced equally, has anyone tried the Enterprise-version propellers on any of the regular Mavic 3 series? Are there any performance gains or other benefits? From the picture, the Enterprise propellers seem slightly different than the regular ones. I'm not trying to compare either of them with the MAS propellers.

I just received a set to try, after another poster in another thread tried the Enterprise props on a Mavic 3 with good results on a long distance flight. I chatted with DJI about the difference, and they suggested a 1% gain in flight time, but I suspect it may be closer to the 5% that MAS claims for their stiffer props. Also just got a set of the MAS props, too, for comparison. No chance to try either yet.

The Enterprise versions merely have stiffer tips, designed for performance rather than safety. The standard Mavic 3 props have softer tops for safety. Same size and shape. Orange colored portion is just larger on the Enterprise tips.

The Enterprise Props have a slightly different profile that lessens the sound a little more. The angled end design "cuts" the air more quietly.
I'm currently using MAS Stealth Props on my Mavic 3, but, I may have to experiment a little myself, after reading this.
Thanks for the motivation! 💯

Speaking of the MAS props, when you buy a set it says for Mavic 3 as well as Enterprise with no difference in models. So I wonder if you would really even notice anything from the investment. If you need spares might try them just because. I would guess the enterprise props are louder and not quieter.

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
I just received a set to try, after another poster in another thread tried the Enterprise props on a Mavic 3 with good results on a long distance flight. I chatted with DJI about the difference, and they suggested a 1% gain in flight time, but I suspect it may be closer to the 5% that MAS claims for their stiffer props. Also just got a set of the MAS props, too, for comparison. No chance to try either yet.

The Enterprise versions merely have stiffer tips, designed for performance rather than safety. The standard Mavic 3 props have softer tops for safety. Same size and shape. Orange colored portion is just larger on the Enterprise tips.
Good information there. Please let us know after you test them (Enterprise) in comparison to the stock ones.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Speaking of the MAS props, when you buy a set it says for Mavic 3 as well as Enterprise with no difference in models. So I wonder if you would really even notice anything from the investment. If you need spares might try them just because. I would guess the enterprise props are louder and not quieter.
The MAS props are far more fragile than the either of the DJI sets of props. Should you inadvertently do any "tree trimming," the MAS props shred and crack and are far more likely to lead to a crash after which could be irretrievable, while the DJI props may tear slightly or break tips, but will still usually recover from the incident in the air, and make it back home!

For this reason, I would always choose DJI Enterprise props over MAS props, even if they turn out to not fully add 5% to flight time, like the MAS props claim.

I went out this morning, I was waiting for phone calls to come in and the best way to get somebody to call is to do something else, to check the enterprise props. I just happen to have a set on the M3T and could easily swap the sets out on the M3Pro. My Apple Watch has a built in decibel meter, which absolutely goes crazy when I go flying in the regular airplane. Apparently it thinks it is noisy.

With the regular props installed, the M3Pro reads almost exactly between 73 & 74 DB from 8" (hovering next to me). With the enterprise props installed, it reads exactly the same. They sound a bit lower in pitch, but the DB is identical.

As for speed, I would need to fly what we call a wind triangle course. Doing a triangle cancels out any wind induced speed differences. Don't have time for that today, but eventually I'll get around to it.

My experience with the M3E props bought last week for my M3 is far from being positive. Right off the bat I noticed that the drone vibrates a lot when performing the hand launch, and this happened on 3 out of 4 flights. Besides, the enterprise props felt a bit noisier to my ears, but maybe that was just me.

All in all, I've looked at the props side by side and I feel like the enterprise set I got may have a manufacturing defect. The black props seem to have a really rough lower edge when looking at them from an angle and they also don't feel as smooth to the touch as the original props. I'm attaching a few pics for reference.

IMG_0608.jpg
IMG_0609.jpg
IMG_0610.jpg
IMG_0611.jpg
IMG_0612.jpg
IMG_0614.jpg

I'm thinking about returning the M3E props as I'm very much concerned with the unusual vibrations during takeoff. The drone felt stable in the air otherwise, but definitely gave me a feeling of total uncertainty when bringing the bird up in the air.

I'm curious to know if others have experienced abnormal vibrations with their M3E props.

Well I must say, mine do not look anything like that. I have no more vibration between the regular and enterprise props. Yours would be making far more noise, with the airfoil in that shape. The blades are most likely not even close in tracking.

Reactions: costica1234
Thanks for your quick response! What's concerning is that the grey props that go on the other diagonal are much smoother than the black counterparts...

I will get in touch with my dealer tomorrow to ask for another set / a refund. I wouldn't have imagined that props like these could be defective, but there you go. Note that the seller packaged the props incredibly well, so it must be a manufacturing defect of some sort. They are produced in April 2023 by the way.

I went out this morning, I was waiting for phone calls to come in and the best way to get somebody to call is to do something else, to check the enterprise props. I just happen to have a set on the M3T and could easily swap the sets out on the M3Pro. My Apple Watch has a built in decibel meter, which absolutely goes crazy when I go flying in the regular airplane. Apparently it thinks it is noisy.

With the regular props installed, the M3Pro reads almost exactly between 73 & 74 DB from 8" (hovering next to me). With the enterprise props installed, it reads exactly the same. They sound a bit lower in pitch, but the DB is identical.

As for speed, I would need to fly what we call a wind triangle course. Doing a triangle cancels out any wind induced speed differences. Don't have time for that today, but eventually I'll get around to it.
The speed should be exactly the same. It's only the efficiency, measured by needing slightly less power, that should improve, resulting in a minor increase in flight time from the same battery. The firmer tops cut through the air a little better than the soft safety tips of the standard Mavic 3 props.

Well, I went out and checked the rpm difference between the two sets, just one rpm difference! I suspect there is no rpm difference, as 1 rpm is really within the error bars of my instrument or .5%. So the motors are turning at the same speed regardless of which set. Now the load may be different, but I think the sound difference I noticed is actually psychological, not in fact, since the frequency is the same.

I was one of the test pilots on the H-46 helicopter at the NARF North Island, one of the things I was testing was the new kevlar blades as part of the SRM modification. While our actual 100% Rotor rpm was the same as with the pocketed aluminum blades, we achieved 5-7 knots faster speed with the kevlar blades due to a more efficient airfoil profile and the ability to track them to within ¼" vice 1" for aluminum blades. When blades track closer, there is less drag from flying in the same rotational plane as the other blades.

Those look terrible. Are they actually DJI? Every DJI prop I have is perfect.
Bought them from the official DJI dealer in Romania, so there is a very small chance that they are fake. Only the black props have strange waves on them… Shame, but I am sending them back and will stick with the normal props.

IMG_0623.jpegIMG_0624.jpeg

Reactions: stefc
The black spare propeller from my Mavic3 PRO package has the same "waves".
Both black propellers already mounted on my drone are fine (straight, no waves).
Could this be a manufacturing defect? If so, how did it passed QC? I will contact DJI for an official point of view.

But the issue that you have experienced is worrying. I was interested on the Enterprise propellers as well but will hold on for now. (I intended to order them from I think the same DJI dealer in Romania as you did :) )

Oh, if this issue is widespread that would be such a bummer… I am also considering the M3 Pro in the not so distant future and checking the props will be one of my priorities (the others being camera quality and horizon level).

I am hoping that the dealer will show understanding in this case. I couldn’t have caused those waves even if I wanted to (and neither could the 3 short flights performed with my M3).

@stefc: The dealer name starts with D and ends in “shop”. 😉

Reactions: stefc
I have the same issue on one of the M3 Pro standard props fitted to the drone, noticed it yesterday in bright sunlight.

• Sad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan