DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

releasing the MA2 now

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
i think DJI are very clever deciding to release the MA2 right now
they know that most of the world is in lockdown and restricted movement,and every day that it goes on ,myself and i am sure many many others who are stuck at home,( 6 weeks for me now)
are becoming more and more frustrated ,and what could be better to take our minds off things ,than a nice new drone ,retail therapy is a powerful motivator
my finger has hovered over the buy now icon on my screen several times over the last couple of days
i dont need another drone i cant fly the ones i have now at the moment ,but a part of me says i deserve a new drone, after all its my hobby,and the longer this goes on ,the harder its going to be to not press that buy now icon

sorry for the rant i just needed to say my piece,stay safe my fellow flyers

Haha I feel you brother! DJI has a way of creating these really desirable toys that make you want to go buy one like a woman buys shoes (why do you need another drone, you have plenty of drones already, half of which you never use!)

Reactions: old man mavic
I would expect DJI planned this release window a long time ago and I don't think they'd want to launch the drone in these circumstances given there's a lot of people out of work or reducing the spending plus many countries in restrictive lockdowns.

I would expect DJI planned this release window a long time ago and I don't think they'd want to launch the drone in these circumstances given there's a lot of people out of work or reducing the spending plus many countries in restrictive lockdowns.
you are probably correct,my post was not really aimed directly at DJI,it was more about me trying to convince myself,that i should not purchase the MA2, when i have two perfectly good drones already,and my Euphoria would only last till i realised i now had 3 drones i could not fly

I think dji HAD to release the mavic air 2 because autel evo 2 and studio were doing well and at the same time the Mavic air 1 was no longer selling well also. In my country where only DJi is the viable vendor, the retailers would always push for the Mavic pro platinum at the similar price point mainly due to the flight time....so if you already have a pro platinum I think the benefit to upgrade is less, but it definitely brings over those who were on the fence with Air 1 and Pro platinum. What a way to kill 3 birds with 1 stone.

What I find interesting is ....
DJI releases the
mavic Air 2
The same day Murder Hornets were found in United States( cluster Wa,)
05/05/2020

your thoughts OMM.?

......cR
there could be a connection there ,you never know

i think DJI are very clever deciding to release the MA2 right now
they know that most of the world is in lockdown and restricted movement,and every day that it goes on ,myself and i am sure many many others who are stuck at home,( 6 weeks for me now)
are becoming more and more frustrated ,and what could be better to take our minds off things ,than a nice new drone ,retail therapy is a powerful motivator
my finger has hovered over the buy now icon on my screen several times over the last couple of days
i dont need another drone i cant fly the ones i have now at the moment ,but a part of me says i deserve a new drone, after all its my hobby,and the longer this goes on ,the harder its going to be to not press that buy now icon

sorry for the rant i just needed to say my piece,stay safe my fellow flyers

Yep, I've clicked on the checkout several times just to see it posted and the price total. All I have is a MM but still the new drone looks very good. I can afford the price just not comfortable with my flying skills as yet. (vacation next week though) Too windy lately to fly at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez