DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reliability of the mavic...not so good?

b2n

Reactions
Hello every body.
The mavic is now one year old (happy birthday ;)) and it would be interesting to have an approximate idea of the number of people who have already had problems or crashes actually due to mavic (no human error).
I crashed my mavic because of a hardware problem so I started reading the forums and I realized that there is a lot of crash due to problems with the mavic (skyfall for example), so are they really reliable?
Thank you for your return and please post only comment or links if the crash or problem is 100% due to mavic, no human error.
Let's go!!!

Sorry to be positive and all, but 72 hours, 1100km and 359 flights my time with the Mavic has been a pleasure without exception. I've lost contact far too often with my flying limits but my lovely bird keeps flying back to me safe and sound.... [emoji16]

They are extremely reliable.. there are far more mavics flying with no problems..people only come online to post about the bad never all the good..

Reactions: newguy
Mavic crash after update
but i am not here for any analisis, just a "reliability report"
But a "reliability report" can only be made when all the issues have been analyzed and had a cause determined. You have been quick to blame the firmware and/or the hardware, but honestly.. you don't really know what caused the crash.

When other drones, such as the GoPro Karma had issues, it was fairly obvious and happened in the same way. When people here do report an issue, it never seems to be a singular pattern, which tells me each case is unique. Sometimes people have hardware issues (faulty props, or damage from rough landings), and sometimes people just do a string of bad things and put the drone in a crashing situation.

Yes but it's just to have an idea, that's why i asked people to post a comment only if they had a hardware or software problem. (i read so many problem like skyfall or fall in water on this forum that i don't feal really safe to fly again with a mavic)

Yes but it's just to have an idea, that's why i asked people to post a comment only if they had a hardware or software problem. (i read so many problem like skyfall or fall in water on this forum that i don't feal really safe to fly again with a mavic)
Looks to me more like FW 4.0000 "problem" than Mavic problem. Please note that I put the word problem with quotes as it is not established (yet?) that they are 4.0000 problems. I have no doubt that people will come out and say that they are on 4.0000 and not having any problem at all. But seemingly, the "skyfall" and sudden disconnection when the RC was very near to the AC happened with the latest FW.

Mavic is very reliable. The majority of crashes we see on forums end up being pilot error. Are there cases where things do go wrong? Absolutely.

There are who knows how many mavics that have been sold. A ton I’m sure. I’d wager that most never have a crash, much less one caused through no fault of the pilot. You’re basically looking to find your foregone conclusion. You’ve been doing this for a while now.

There aren't a lot of crashes due to hardware problems.
90% of crashes people claim are hardware problems eventually turn out to be user error.

Mine has been rock solid. I’ve never crashed it and never owned a drone before. In minutes I had it up and flying around. User error is the number 1 problem with these things. Stupid people doing stupid things.

There aren't a lot of crashes due to hardware problems.
90% of crashes people claim are hardware problems eventually turn out to be user error.
What do you mean by "hardware problems turn out to be user error"? do you mean that people think at beggining that it is a hardware problem and after analisis the .DAT they discoverded that it was a human error? (sorry but English is not my mother tong)
thank you

Mine has been rock solid. I’ve never crashed it and never owned a drone before. In minutes I had it up and flying around. User error is the number 1 problem with these things. Stupid people doing stupid things.
yes but it's not always due to human error as .DAT file can "explain"...

What do you mean by "hardware problems turn out to be user error"? do you mean that people think at beggining that it is a hardware problem and after analisis the .DAT they discoverded that it was a human error? (sorry but English is not my mother tong)
thank you
Yes.
yes but it's not always due to human error as .DAT file can "explain"...
He didn't say always. He said number 1 cause, not the only cause.

The only problem I've had was my own stupidity. Using iPhone or Mini 4, always most current FW, GO4 software, fly safe data base etc, it has performed way beyond my expectations. I .ould say it is very very reliable

My Mavic from early december 2016 has a total airtime of about 75h, all three batteries have more than 90 cycles and there has been no issue with it. So reliability is very high.

thank you
They make a mistake, dont accept it and blame the hardware. Or they simply haven't read the manual and fail to understand how the drone systems function and then blame it when something goes wrong.

The overwhelming majority of mavic crashes are caused by users flying or allowing a perfectly functional airframe to fly into something.

b2n, I read your other posts on this subject and to me it sounds like an incompatible software problem, not a hardware problem. Also, your MP came from a "reseller" which to me means that your MP may have been used and had problems before you bought it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones