DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reliant First Flight (Mini-1)!

Chaosrider

Reactions
Attached is the link to the video of the first flight of Reliant at her new home! Reliant is my new-used Mini-1.

22-04-07 Reliant Flight 1.mp4

This vid gives a pretty good sense of what it looks like to fly from my forward flight deck. Also, at this point Reliant was still suffering from the delusion that she was carrying a payload (prop guards), so that constrained how high and far I could go pretty severely. For Reliant’s second flight, that restriction went away on it’s own.

Some highlights:

00:30 I had set up my old phone as an external camera. Sadly, I had forgotten to clean out enough space on that old S7 to record the video, so no secondary vid for this flight.

01:22 Note the wind indication from the green anemometer. The Mini-1 is not a “Windless Wonder”! It’s not Mini-2 wind resistant, but you shouldn’t let a mild breeze scare you away from flying your Mini-1.

02:45 Rush hour in Clear Creek Canyon

03:50 Glimpse of the rear flight deck. It is not for the timid! I prefer flying from the rear flight deck, but for test flights I use the forward flight deck, because it’s a bit more…forgiving.

04:12 Note the FPV setting. I’ve now got FPV set as my default for all flights, unless there’s a reason to do otherwise. Maybe I flew too many hours in regular airplanes, but the normal hyper-stabilized view is a bit too…sterile…for my liking.

At the end, I greet Reliant upon her return.

I hope that you find this amusing! Tomorrow, I’ll post the first flight of Exocomp, my Mini-SE.

Props up!

😊

MM

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3