DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote charging android phone

realitycheck

Reactions
So I know the remote usually charges th android dvices. I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 I'm using with the mavic. Yesterday I was flying and switched it from usb charging mode to transfer files mode it stopped charging my phone and stayed connected no problems. Today I hit transfer file mode and it will not come out of charging mode and switch to transfer file mode does anyone know why this is?
Thanks

So I know the remote usually charges th android dvices. I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 I'm using with the mavic. Yesterday I was flying and switched it from usb charging mode to transfer files mode it stopped charging my phone and stayed connected no problems. Today I hit transfer file mode and it will not come out of charging mode and switch to transfer file mode does anyone know why this is?
Thanks
This happened to me, I had to turn the phone off (and maybe do a cache wipe) to get the function back; I have not found a solution for parasitic battery depletion. If is very important to you, run the bottom USB cable to your device and plug a 10000ma battery pack to the side rc micro USB.

I thought about doing that but I only habe 2 batteries for the mavic right now and can fly them without the remote getting low. I just know it would function better if I could turn it off. I'll do a phone restart before flying next time and see what happens.

I thought about doing that but I only habe 2 batteries for the mavic right now and can fly them without the remote getting low. I just know it would function better if I could turn it off. I'll do a phone restart before flying next time and see what happens.

Root your device and run Battery Limiter app, works flawlessly and now each flight uses 3-5% of the remote battery. Everything is much cooler now.

Root your device and run Battery Limiter app, works flawlessly and now each flight uses 3-5% of the remote battery. Everything is much cooler now.
Could you link me to the app please.
Can't find one called battery limiter on the play store.

Thanks
If you use the bottom usb port for your device you can use the side micro port for a battery booster/charger. It makes your controller battery last MUCH MUCH longer.

I was having the same issue with both an S5 and S7. I tried GO 4 and Litchi. I was not able to get the phones to not charge. I found this video
I first tried with a flat cable but the wire size was way too small and I was not able to get the right wire. That cable is now garbage. I then used a round cable. I was able to find and cut the black wire. After cutting the black wire and taping the open part of the wire back I am now able to connect to both my S5 and S7 using GO 4 or Litchi. As a disclaimer I have not tried to fly with the cable but both apps display as they should. Additionally, I assume the cut black wire is a ground that will not introduce any other issues. (Someone with knowledge of how the usb cables are wired may be able to give an answer to this). Hopefully I will be able to test today or tomorrow.

Not sure if the video is showing correct. If it is not search youtube for
"DJI Mavic Pro controller charging the phone issue solved NO EXTERNAL POWER BANK"

FYI: I cut open a second cable which was shorter. The first cable I cut is long. The second shorter cable was also round but thinner. I was not able to find a black wire in the cable. My guess (and only a guess) is that the thin cheap cables are not made the same.

I knew that video and tried to disconnect the black wire directly in the plug by dissoldering. That didn't work - no connection. I guess there are different cables with 4 and 5 wires. I guess it only works with cables with 4 wires, when you cut/dissolder the black (minus) wire. I ordered a few cables with angled plugs and will try it again when they arrive from china.

Wouldn't it make more sense to cut the red cable + voltage rather than ground
There are only 4 wire (data) or 2 wire (power)
Some are screened some arnt

Edit: found out that the RC & phone don't connect it the red cable is cut

Last edited:
This happened to me, I had to turn the phone off (and maybe do a cache wipe) to get the function back; I have not found a solution for parasitic battery depletion. If is very important to you, run the bottom USB cable to your device and plug a 10000ma battery pack to the side rc micro USB.
Didn't try to restart your phone?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3