DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote control disconnected error in app (Android)

Rocky43

Reactions
Ok, got this weird error when I was flying like almost a 1km out. I panicked and frantically restarted the controller. Of course the drone went into RTH mode asap. Thought it was the micro usb cable that came with the package. So, i used an Anker USB C cable again. Flew great for 1-2 flights. Just when I thought the problem was over, the dreaded message came up again. And fortunately, this time i was in VLOS. Tried to restart the app/remote, remote got dced when the phone restarted the app etc, and it activated RTH again.. This is absolutely the first time I am getting this, after flying for 19 great hours. I fly mostly with my iOS device though. I have a backup android just in case.

Am using a Google Pixel 2 XL. Have to conclude its not a problem with the connection of the remote and the drone but rather the phone and the remote?

Ya I had a similar experience - got a very good 90 degree cable (both ends) now I put the Ipad Mini 2 right into the controller and not on an additional mount - never had a an issue since. Also use a magnifying glass and look into the charge port on your mobile device - you will be surprised how much crud is in there - lots of fine dust will settle in there and mess up your contacts - scary !!!

Reactions: Filipok
Ok, got this weird error when I was flying like almost a 1km out. I panicked and frantically restarted the controller. Of course the drone went into RTH mode asap. Thought it was the micro usb cable that came with the package. So, i used an Anker USB C cable again. Flew great for 1-2 flights. Just when I thought the problem was over, the dreaded message came up again. And fortunately, this time i was in VLOS. Tried to restart the app/remote, remote got dced when the phone restarted the app etc, and it activated RTH again.. This is absolutely the first time I am getting this, after flying for 19 great hours. I fly mostly with my iOS device though. I have a backup android just in case.

Am using a Google Pixel 2 XL. Have to conclude its not a problem with the connection of the remote and the drone but rather the phone and the remote?
I know this is very late but have you resolved this problem after many hours of flyng it has just started with me. Boring!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji