DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controller Connection Error

JayKay32

Reactions
I've just got a mavic pro and while the first 2 flight were a success, on the third time I got the error, "remote controller connection error" the dji handset still said "taking off" on the screen and the sticks did nothing while the mavic pro was hovering infront of me. The connection came back for a split second a few times and went again, the drone then landed itself.

After I got home I tried it again and the same thing was happening with the mavic sitting on the ground and the error was appearing on my phone screen with the handset being unresponsive. After 10 mins it all worked as normal again.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue here is? It's not the connection between the handset and the phone just to make that clear as the handset becomes totally unresponsive to the mavic while it has connection issues. All firmware is also up to date.

Please any help would be appreciated.

Try a different cord - clean out connection ports - make sure mem card is formatted 32 but - recalibrate imu

Different cord? It's the connection between the remote and the drone. Not between the remote and the phone. I have calibrated everything

Sorry JayKay32 misread that - rebind the controller to the drone - any possible interferrence in the area ??

I'll try a rebind, it's strange because since it done it that once it hasn't done it again. Not something I'd want to happen when the mavic is a couple of miles away. I don't think there would be any interference in the area as I was in a big park and fly race drone there all the time without any issues with 2.4ghz, 5.8ghz or 868mhz signals.

I'll rebind anyhow, it can't hurt. Thanks

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr