DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controller not bound momentarily - preflight

So, I went out for another flight today. Prior to going out I refreshed the firmware on both the controller and the drone. I also formatted the SD card while in the drone using the Fly App. I flew without any issues. No disconnection, and no hiccups. This is the first flight I have had without any issues. This could be just a fluke, and my next flight might be back to being a nightmare. One thing I noticed, was that when I was losing connections, it was during recording. Today I used active track, and it worked flawlessly. I sure hope they can work out all these kinks with the next firmware update.

Reactions: Rocker4jmav
Anecdotal: Yesterday was a nightmare. This morning it connected and disconnected (for a long time) before I had enough GPS to take off. After that it flew like a dream. I don't get it. 🤷‍♂️

An update on this. I've been flying heavily for the past five days. Not a single disconnect at any time whatsoever for this entire duration. Powers up normally, connects right away and stays connected- as one would expect. I've done nothing differently or changed anything other than buy a few additional battery packs. I did not re-link anything or reset anything. On the one hand I am happy it's all working great but on the other I'd love to know what was going on before.

I too get this message at start up and I too am loosing connection so often that I just don't feel safe using the RCPro and am returning/exchanging it for a new unit, just received it yesterday from DJI too but its loosing connection not even 300 feet away in line of sight, my video does kinda start to get choppy before it looses connection completely and then flies home. No issue on the regular controller.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the OS3+ 3x higher bitrate and 60fps feed the smart controller is dealing with and some kind of interference but I also tried manual transmission selection and every option I could to no avail, still loosing connection. I have tried refreshing the firmware on both the smart controller and drone as well as factory resets with no noticeable difference.

I had both the smart controller and mavic cin updated to the latest firm ware and had most of the disconnecting when it was on the ground trying to change settings in the rc. So yesterday I downgrade to the older firm ware using the DGI app on my computer and all of a sodden no disconnects. But then I updated it and the disconnects started again so I reversed it again and now no matter what the disconnect are happing again but not as much. It has to be software problem!!

Here's an example, only 5 feet away from home point, from all green to instant purple; 0% signal on the logged data.

Also what a "flight" look like as far as disconnects goes.

Rolled the firmware back but same result, Had to box it back up, cant risk it, and I'm completely floored with the 60FPS feed at 4k60p, that's a true game changer for me coming from a tripletek and a standard controller, such a shame about these disconnects.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211221-121737_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211221-121737_Chrome.jpg
    713.6 KB · Views: 8
  • sl.jpg
    sl.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Well just yesterday I had another disconnect issue. As with all my prior disconnect issues it happened on the ground basically right after power up. Connects, disconnects, connects and disconnects- about four times in total and then around the 5th time it connects normally and stays that way. After a week of flying with no problems to have this happen again was a little surprising and very disappointing. But more that ever I think this is firmware related and I think it's actually on the RC Pro end. Time will tell.

That's almost exactly what I had happen to me today too. That's wild. Only on my first battery and about 30-60 seconds after taking off it lost connection. Then fine for all 3 batteries after that.
I'm Having the same issues, when I don't want it to disconnect I put mine in Auto 5.8ghz and no disconnects anymore but why do I need to find a work around, I want to trust my m3!

I have been in the Fly APP but I don't see how to rebind as you have stated. How can I in bind the connected remote? Perhaps you can do a step by step process. ? That would be really appreciated Help Please!

I was confused about the bind thing also because i have never been asked by the remote to do so but i have heard some people have connected the air 2s remote to the mavic 3 so i tried it and after the normal connecting was made my phone which was connected to the remote said i only could fly 2 more times without doing the binding thing so i hit the binding button and it binded and so far no disconnects have happen. I do believe it is the smart controller's problem now.

Old thread, I know. But curious if this is still affecting anyone? With the very latest firmware as of mid June this has come back big time. Some flights I will have multiple disconnects even though the machine is only 20 yards away. Have also noticed that when it disconnects it doesn't fully disconnect. I can still control the drone even though the RC Pro shows aircraft disconnected and no video feed/telemetry. The sticks continue to function and control the drone for about twenty seconds before it finally stops responding and starts the RTH. Because this problem returned with the last firmware I continue to think it's a firmware issue. But, Jason, I'd be very curious to hear if the new hardware you got solved the problem for you? Or anyone else for that matter.

Two updates ago the disconnects completely diapered. So after the last update that fixed the GPS problem the disconnects came back but it only does it while flying for 1 to maybe 5 seconds. The GPS has 12 to 14 sats in seconds so maybe we are getting close to perfect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0