DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote I.D. factory installed in Mavic 3?

1911tex

Reactions
I contacted DJI to find out if my Mavic 3 Cine had factory installed remote I.D, because I understood that did not begin until 8th or 9th month of 2022. My Cine was manufactured in January 2022 and it was confirmed today by DJI that it indeed did have factory installed remote I.D. ! I assume DJI customer service is correct; however, I would like to confirm it. How? Without activating it with the FAA as compliance is not until 8/23. Thanks

As far as I know, most new drones come equipped to broadcast RID.

Reactions: GFields
I contacted DJI to find out if my Mavic 3 Cine had factory installed remote I.D, because I understood that did not begin until 8th or 9th month of 2022. My Cine was manufactured in January 2022 and it was confirmed today by DJI that it indeed did have factory installed remote I.D. ! I assume DJI customer service is correct; however, I would like to confirm it. How? Without activating it with the FAA as compliance is not until 8/23. Thanks
My Mavic 3 Cine was made in October 2021. Remote ID became active with the last firmware update. I have verified with the Drone Scanner app, on an Android phone, that RID is being transmitted.

My Mavic 3 Cine was made in October 2021. Remote ID became active with the last firmware update. I have verified with the Drone Scanner app, on an Android phone, that RID is being transmitted.
Hello! ..Very interesting what you say. Something is not clear to me, from what you say about using an Android device, it must have some special feature.? Can a tablet or smartphone be used with the Drone Scanner App to verify this? I imagine that this App is not for Apple... am I right? I'll wait for your answer, thank you so much. 👍

Hello! ..Very interesting what you say. Something is not clear to me, from what you say about using an Android device, it must have some special feature.? Can a tablet or smartphone be used with the Drone Scanner App to verify this? I imagine that this App is not for Apple... am I right? I'll wait for your answer, thank you so much. 👍
There is an Apple version: ‎Dronetag

My current phone is a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. I do have an "old" iPhone, but haven't tried installing Drone Scanner on it.

I have Drone Scanner on my iPhone but I haven't used it yet. I intend to check it out tomorrow.

Thanks for responding to my comment. I also have an M3 with RC Pro. I knew that this drone comes with that Remote ID system, but I didn't know how to check if it is actually enabled on the drone, it seems to me that the App on the RC pro allows you to activate or deactivate this function, I'm not completely sure, I'll see it and I'll make the comments, about what there is an App for IOS seems excellent to me, so I can also do the tests on my part, so I await your results and your comments. Greetings.!

I ran Drone Scanner and Dronetag while we flew two drones (DJI Air 2S and Mavic Zoom) yesterday and neither showed up on the apps. I don't know it if was user error or what. I also did not see any other WIFI sources available on my phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13