DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID broadcast/Mavic Pro

OralndoMavic

Reactions
Hello to all, it's been a while since I have been on the forum. My situation is this and I presume others have been in the same situation. My Mavic Pro was bought back in 2017. No remote ID or broadcast . It still flys great and I would like to be FAA compliant (part 107). No plans to buy another drone as "Freebird" still flys ! Any recommendations that would be cost effective ? Thanks

Lots of material out there, no shortage of opinions. It could take weeks to understand and figure it out completely but we have until mid-September. Please continue to search the forum for different ideas and discussions; in the meantime, watch this video to see some of the current RID options. I found it on Youtube (among dozens of others RID videos) so I don't endorse anyone in particular but thought it might be helpful to get started with.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Don't buy anything yet. @pilotinstitute will be putting out a comprehensive review soon.

I use the DroneBeacon DB120 self contained unit on my Matrice 200 and my other drones that are no longer complient. I took minutes to get up and running and is well worth ther 130 USD price. Some photos with the DB120 on our GoPro adaptor.

We have GoPro style mounts for the DroneTag and the DroneBeacon DB120 on our eBay store Security Measure

Photo is on my old Yuneec H series however, works on all our mounts.

Our ad is on Mavic Pilots now and will be on Inspire,Yuneec and Parrot shortly

Attachments​

• 20230514_111146.jpg
    20230514_111146.jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230514_105220.jpg
    20230514_105220.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20230514_135507.jpg
    20230514_135507.jpg
    969.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230515_151225.jpg
    20230515_151225.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
Last edited: May 15, 2023

Attachments

• 1687528984776.gif
    1687528984776.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1
Hello to all, it's been a while since I have been on the forum. My situation is this and I presume others have been in the same situation. My Mavic Pro was bought back in 2017. No remote ID or broadcast . It still flys great and I would like to be FAA compliant (part 107). No plans to buy another drone as "Freebird" still flys ! Any recommendations that would be cost effective ? Thanks
Mavic Pro has been approved for RID as is. No need for extra equipment. Edit: this is false, please disregard

Last edited:
Mavic Pro has been approved for RID as is. No need for extra equipment.
Nope. Only the Mavic Pro Platinum as an RID DOC. The regular Mavic Pro is not RID compliant.

Reactions: brett8883
Nope. Only the Mavic Pro Platinum as an RID DOC. The regular Mavic Pro is not RID compliant.
Ah! You are right, I have corrected my post above. I think I just have had in my head that the MP OG and MPP are identical other than the ESC boards that I think of them as the same model but you are right, officially only the MPP is approved.

Ah! You are right, I have corrected my post above. I think I just have had in my head that the MP OG and MPP are identical other than the ESC boards that I think of them as the same model but you are right, officially only the MPP is approved.
One guy was saying that not the whole range of cereal numbers of the MPP were even included. Only part of the serials worked.

One guy was saying that not the whole range of cereal numbers of the MPP were even included. Only part of the serials worked.
From the DOC:

Remote ID Declaration of Compliance
Declaration For: Unmanned Aircraft
Make:
DJI
Model:
Mavic Pro Platinum
FCC Identifier:
SS3-M1X1708
Serial #: 1581F08Q300000000000 - 1581F08Q3FFFFFFFFFFF
MOC Tracking Numbers: (#RID-ASTM-F3586-22-NOA-22-01) ASTM-F3586-22 with additions

Serial #: 1581F08Q300000000000 - 1581F08Q3FFFFFFFFFFF
A little help please?

My MPP serial number is:
SN:08QCEBRP02B6xx
Model: M1X
This is from the sticker inside the battery compartment. I can't tell if that falls within the range or not.

My thanks to anyone who will decipher that for me. I'll provide the last two digits of the serial number if necessary... fwiw - they're digits, not alpha.

A little help please?

My MPP serial number is:
This is from the sticker inside the battery compartment. I can't tell if that falls within the range or not.

My thanks to anyone who will decipher that for me. I'll provide the last two digits of the serial number if necessary... fwiw - they're digits, not alpha.
Yikes, I couldn't tell you. Probably have to go to DJI to know for sure. Or, pull out the app and see if you can detect RID.

I fired everything up and took this screenshot... that's been there for a long time though - before all this talk of mandatory RID came up, so I pretty much ignored it and forgot all about it. And I haven't updated the app or firmware in a looong time. Really didn't think that applied to the current RID standards, but maybe so?

Screenshot_20230627-153741.png

I fired everything up and took this screenshot... that's been there for a long time though - before all this talk of mandatory RID came up, so I pretty much ignored it and forgot all about it. And I haven't updated the app or firmware in a looong time. Really didn't think that applied to the current RID standards, but maybe so?

View attachment 165617
Please read and see if this is applicable: DJI Introduces Voluntary Flight Identification Options For Drone Pilots - DJI

A little help please?

My MPP serial number is:

Nope it doesn't.

The first digits are for manufacturer. Then the serial follows. 08QCE is not in the range. It would have to have 08Q3.

That's old. That's DJI aeroscope, but they are starting to make that stay on permanent now instead of voluntary now.
I know it's old. His drone is old. I believe that press release references the details he is referring to on his MPP and what he is looking at isn't RID related. Am I wrong?

I know it's old. His drone is old. I believe that press release references the details he is referring to on his MPP and what he is looking at isn't RID related. Am I wrong?
That's what DJI has put on their drones long before FAA remote ID. And it's still the same, except newer versions of DJI Go and Fly are turning the volunteer part off. It doesn't coincide with FAA remote ID, but they are making it so that you can't turn any remote ID off. So if you don't put one of those FAA remote ID modules on, they could still pick you up on Aeroscope if they have one.

FAA is probably all, yeah DJI is causing all these problems, and let's just copy their remote ID idea and make it sound like we aren't copying DJI's proprietary, but unsecured remote ID. It's a terrible idea, and governments love terrible ideas, especially ones that are subject to witch hunts or doomed to failure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne