DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID for MA 2

I contacted DJI support about this issue. They said the Mavic 2 series drones will be RID compliant through firmware updates before the RID compliance date is reached.
Greetings, I am reluctantly beginning the process to deal with this. I have a Mavic2P. Can I ask if you have been able to get your remote ID firmware updates through Mavic Assistant?

I contacted DJI support about this issue. They said the Mavic 2 series drones will be RID compliant through firmware updates before the RID compliance date is reached.
But is that all Mavic 2 series (2 and 2s)? Everything I have seen says 2s and not 2 (which doesn't make sense).
Just catching up on this thread.

The question is: If I don't use one, will I be able to take off?
I understand if I'm ABLE to takeoff without one, I'd be braking the law.
Why wouldnt you? The Modules do not connect to the drone at all. They are standalone units which is why they can be moved from drone to drone. When you buy a module you will register it on the FAA page just like you do with a drone. That ID will then be "tied" to you.
Do you drive exactly the speed limit everyday? People need to stop panicking about this.

The question is: If I don't use one, will I be able to take off?
I understand if I'm ABLE to takeoff without one, I'd be braking the law.
Don't quote me on this (because the laws are somewhat confusing) but I believe the standard RID which is built-in the drone will not be certified unless it prevents the drone from taking off if RID is not operational. The certification for the external module does not rely on a mechanism for preventing the drone from taking off. To my understanding, there is no requirement for an external module to prevent a drone from taking off in order to be certified. If you fly a drone which must be RID-capable and you don't have either a certified standard RID or a certified RID external module then you are not in compliance with the law.

Why wouldnt you? The Modules do not connect to the drone at all. They are standalone units which is why they can be moved from drone to drone. When you buy a module you will register it on the FAA page just like you do with a drone. That ID will then be "tied" to you.
Do you drive exactly the speed limit everyday? People need to stop panicking about this.
If you don't drive the speed limit everyday, we know the financial and legal implications. Some people seem to be in a panic because they do not fully know the rules or the consequences. When driving, everything is right in front of you, the numbers are plain, the roads are clearly marked, and in your own country, you are aware of the minor tolerances; you know the people who will enforce it on you and their equipment is certified. There is no such relief when it comes to RID. If secret speed cameras popped up all over town, your car computer was scanned at the maintenance shot for speeding, tickets were $5,000+, you would panic too. It shouldn't surprise you to people want to know how to comply rather than go out and inadvertently break the law and wind up in federal court rather than municipal court. Speed limit is not the same. I agree now is not the time to panic..but one day we need to make sure this doesn't go off the rails.

I'll just drop this here:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_