DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID on Private property?

You should go ahead and watch the remainder of the video, what will it hurt? He may have exaggerated just a tiny fraction of a bit
Nope. His exaggeration was the size of the dinosaur killing asteroid a few hundred million years ago.

I'll be persuaded when a significant number of incidents start to happen. Until then I suspect RID will continue to be as widely known among non enthusiasts as the 400' rule is: Not at all.

What will it hurt? My time is too precious to waste on the hysterical.

One thing in all these discussions has become very clear to me over the months discussing this: Some people invite negative attention by the location and manner in which they choose to fly.

Nope. His exaggeration was the size of the dinosaur killing asteroid a few hundred million years ago.

I'll be persuaded when a significant number of incidents start to happen. Until then I suspect RID will continue to be as widely known among non enthusiasts as the 400' rule is: Not at all.

What will it hurt? My time is too precious to waste on the hysterical.
We'll let's hope so. Let's hope nobody finds out about RID, the apps...and drones don't start making the news more often. I'd like to keep everything quiet. I would be thrilled if the local law enforcement didn't use the app or bother drone flyers. I would like DJI to stay out of the news, too. All of this is distracting which is why I fear this could blow up but I'll take the opposite, for sure.

One thing in all these discussions has become very clear to me over the months discussing this: Some people invite negative attention by the location and manner in which they choose to fly.
So I should clarify, I used to get a lot of attention. My current method includes driving to my location at the city park and then deploying my e-bike to a remote section of the park far away from other foot traffic or bike traffic which mostly eliminate the opportunity for someone to come up to me. Since then, no contact when I do that 9 out of 10 times. I don't expect the RID app to change that.

Reactions: Torque
We'll let's hope so. Let's hope nobody finds out about RID, the apps...and drones don't start making the news more often. I'd like to keep everything quiet. I would be thrilled if the local law enforcement didn't use the app or bother drone flyers.
They won't bother with nuisance drone calls in the age of RID any more than they do now. A Karen call is a nuisance call.

You seem to think local PD around the country are idle with time to spend on this. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most metropolitan departments don't have enough resources to respond to a car break-in, but instead tell the victim to go to a station or online and fill out a report.

And you actually believe that when Karen calls because you're spying on her in her backyard they're going to dispatch an officer with RID on his cell phone to track you down and... what?

Karen says you were hovering over her house, you say you were never going less than 10mph while transiting. Now what's the officer to do?

Karens are almost entirely ignored today by LE, and that's not gonna change.

That's my last word on this. It's getting silly, and I'm getting profoundly bored with it.

They won't bother with nuisance drone calls in the age of RID any more than they do now. A Karen call is a nuisance call.

You seem to think local PD around the country are idle with time to spend on this. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most metropolitan departments don't have enough resources to respond to a car break-in, but instead tell the victim to go to a station or online and fill out a report.

And you actually believe that when Karen calls because you're spying on her in her backyard they're going to dispatch an officer with RID on his cell phone to track you down and... what?

Karen says you were hovering over her house, you say you were never going less than 10mph while transiting. Now what's the officer to do?

Karens are almost entirely ignored today by LE, and that's not gonna change.

That's my last word on this. It's getting silly, and I'm getting profoundly bored with it.
I wish I lived in a place like that. Unfortunately that's not the kind of place where I live. The police in my area respond to every single call...for sure. But I hope you are right, I hope it is much to do about nothing.

And I get it. The hobby is just like pretty much everything else. Not everyone is fully supportive of the drone community and whatever little causes they come up. Not everyone can see what others might see. If you fight for something, it's likely you'll need to fight within as well as fight without. Not everyone is going to help, I get that. That's why it ends up being a tough battle. But we're not expecting everyone to pull together on this, you get a pass.

Just because your drone shows up on remote ID makes it a legitimate flight. GovernMENTAL logic.

The video produced by the FAA criticized in this video, shows all kinds of governMENTAL logic.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark