DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID Receiver Back in Stock

VintageSlots

Reactions
I own Mile High Drone Services which is based in Colorado.

We are making Bare Bones Remote ID Receivers and we just released version 2.4 of the firmware.
Here is what 2.4 does:

1. Supports multiple drones in the air (up to 64)
2. Shows a QR code that you can scan with the phone to get more information.
3. Ability to automatically upload the data to the cloud so you can view it later.
4. Two version of the receiver now exist. A small display and a large display version. You can also connect an external antenna to the large display unit to increase the range. Most people won't need this because the unit usually picks up drones that are well beyond line of sight without the antenna.

Right now we are only selling these to Part 107 pilots and only in the US.
Demand has been very strong for these. They sold out within hours when we announced version 1.0 a few weeks ago.

Supply is very limited.
Go to
to learn more about what version 2.4 offers.

How about an inexpensive RID transmitter for older drones? The only thing I have seen so far is a $300 unit that goes way overboard and allows connection to cellular as well as just transmitting the required signal. Something in the under $50 range that meets the minimum requirements set forth in the RID specs.

Reactions: okw
How about an inexpensive RID transmitter for older drones? The only thing I have seen so far is a $300 unit that goes way overboard and allows connection to cellular as well as just transmitting the required signal. Something in the under $50 range that meets the minimum requirements set forth in the RID specs.
We are thinking about it. We have a transmitter that we use for testing our receiver. Not sure how many people will really end up buying it if we did develop it. I don't see the CineWoop community doing it and if DJI releases an update for the Mavic 2 and possibly the Mavic 1 there wouldn't be a need.
Yes, I know there are other platforms but DJI has the lion's share of the market.

People who fly at AMA fields won't need it.

Based on what they decided to do about dropping battery sales for older drones and releasing SDK’s only for the more expensive Enterprise models of the M3 and other high end models, DJI has shown that they probably won’t be updating RID for the older drones either, thus hoping to force everyone to update to the newer models.

You are probably right. However, by the time 9/16/2023 rolls around I think most people will have gone to the M3 or Air 2S and the folks who are flying Mavic 2 and earlier models, in general, won't update.

There might actually be a demand for the Mavic 2s because they don't support RID.
Right now we are swamped with getting the RID receivers built and shipped out as well as working on enhancements.

We are close to being sold out again.

Your RID rcvr sounds like a well engineered little unit. It will be interesting to see how they are received by the UAV community, and how they affect some mavericks out there. As for updating my UAV to get one with RID, I’m keeping my M2P for budget mapping projects that don’t need RTK, and will probably continue doing it with an add-on RID xtmr once they are more available for a lower price.

Unfortunately, I can’t justify spending a lot on another DJI product at this time either due to the political issues they are facing in the US. Not being able to use their products on DOD and BLM contracted assignments is a big issue for myself and for the company I partner on projects with also. So sadly, it looks like I will have to move on when my M2P can’t fly anymore.

Not sure how many people will really end up buying it if we did develop it.
The only DJI drone I own is a Mavic Pro. So I'll need an add-on module to stay compliant, as I wouldn't update the firmware even if DJI did add RID support. I also have other RC aircraft (quads, planes, and helicopters) that I might occasionally fly at sites other than an AMA club that would also need an add-on module.

I'm sure that there will be plenty of people looking to buy those modules, if they're small and inexpensive.

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
We are thinking about it. We have a transmitter that we use for testing our receiver. Not sure how many people will really end up buying it if we did develop it. I don't see the CineWoop community doing it and if DJI releases an update for the Mavic 2 and possibly the Mavic 1 there wouldn't be a need.
Yes, I know there are other platforms but DJI has the lion's share of the market.

People who fly at AMA fields won't need it.
There are a lot of Yuneec pilots that would be interested a reasonably priced RID transmitter as well as other branded drones besides DJI.

Reactions: okw
I just received the 2.4 version, and these things are super-cool, specially the QR codes. I know there are mix feelings about the device, but I have to give props to Mile High Drones, you even can power the unit with your phone and connect and antenna to it, which is not necessary.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas