DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote places to fly in the UK

Last time i was there i flew from next to the CG watch station, the track behind the beach and a few other places. I never got queried but if they did, nothing they can do anyway.
Just make sure you're following the actual laws regarding distance from people, altitude limits (its used as a VRP for RAF fast jets amongst other things!), line of sight and so on.

Ive flown on NT land on a few occasions and no ones ever said anything. If you’re careful and standing in a quiet spot, I think most of the time you will get away with it.

There is some council owned heath land scattered about which does not mention drones on their websites, they can be good places to fly too.

Edit: I must stress I'm not condoning breaking any laws here, but just talking from experience and this was before I was even aware of their no drone policy.

Last edited:
Just curious as I want to visit and do some hikes there sometime in the near future- I see you guys mentioning cameras as well as drones here, so what are the rules on NT lands about handheld cameras (for personal use only) and landscape photography?

Just curious as I want to visit and do some hikes there sometime in the near future- I see you guys mentioning cameras as well as drones here, so what are the rules on NT lands about handheld cameras (for personal use only) and landscape photography?
Hope this NT camera usage helps. Looks like non-commercial use is OK.

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929