DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remove DJI RC Pro Controller from account confusion

Richard R

Reactions
I need to send my RC pro controller in to DJI for repair or probable replacement. I’ve done some research online but nothing is crystal clear. If I go into Device Management, the language “Remove Device from Account“seems to refer to unbinding my DRONE from my account, not the controller!. It specifically says “Name Mavic 3”.
Clearly I don’t want to do this. I’ve seen a post that indicates you cannot use another controller with the drone unless it’s removed from your account.
I wish DJI made things clear..I can log out of my account on the controller and at least that’s safer whilst on its way to DJI.
Or if DJI decide to replace the controller instead of repairing it will they replace the serial numbers on my account?
Thanks for you help

Last edited:
You don't have to remove the controller from your account, it's only the drone that you have to worry about if you are replacing a drone.

If they send you a new controller, you will have to bind the drone and controller again. When you connect the controller and drone you will be prompted about it. You'll need to be connected to the internet to perform the binding just like when you did it initially.

DJI won't replace the serial number on your account as far as I know.

Reactions: Richard R
You don't have to remove the controller from your account, it's only the drone that you have to worry about if you are replacing a drone.

If they send you a new controller, you will have to bind the drone and controller again. When you connect the controller and drone you will be prompted about it. You'll need to be connected to the internet to perform the binding just like when you did it initially.

Thanks

I don't know if a new REPLACED controller won't automatically be bound to the account. I just had a Mini 2 replaced and it was automatically bound to my account without me having to do anything. The same thing may or may not be the case with a controller. DJI isn't very clear about these things. I've come to learn that pairing and binding, while similar are different things altogether. So confusing.

Reactions: Richard R
I don't know if a new REPLACED controller won't automatically be bound to the account. I just had a Mini 2 replaced and it was automatically bound to my account without me having to do anything. The same thing may or may not be the case with a controller. DJI isn't very clear about these things. I've come to learn that pairing and binding, while similar are different things altogether. So confusing.
I think I’ll just sign out from my account on the controller and send it in. Thanks

The real problem, as I understand it, is if you have Care Refresh. then both the drone and the Smart controller are bound and cannot be separated unless first unbound. This was a situation I encountered with a used Air 2S i flipped. Don't know if it applies to all other drones and controllers the same way.

I think I’ll just sign out from my account on the controller and send it in. Thanks
You can unbind the drone yourself with access to the controller through the app. DJI can also do so, but will not unless you are the original owner. There is also a guy in China who charges $250 for unbinding stolen drones, no questions asked!

You can unbind the drone yourself with access to the controller through the app. DJI can also do so, but will not unless you are the original owner. There is also a guy in China who charges $250 for unbinding stolen drones, no questions asked!
hello, can you please leave the contacts of this guy from China?

Sorry, but it appears his account has been deleted, along with the PM he sent me, offering his service. This was over 6 months ago when someone posted they had bought a used drone and couldn't fly it, and he posted in that thread that he could "help."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada