DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

remove film on glass camera lens only seen from angle

Wanbli

Reactions
I have 2 Mavic Pro Cameras with some kind of un-removable film on them (see attached). Does anyone know how to clean this stuff off? I've tried everything I could think of and there's NOTHING about it in the forums or on Google. If you look directly at the camera, you don't see it and it doesn't appear in any pictures or video. It can only be seen from an angle.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20210409_161800198_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210409_161800198_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
i would say that it is on the inside of the glass ,thats why you cant get it off

Reactions: THE CYBORG
i would say that it is on the inside of the glass ,thats why you cant get it off
That IS a possibility, but I have looked at it under one of those BIG desk magnifying glass with the circular light and it's definitely on the outside of the lens. There must be a coating (anti-glare?) on the lens? The more you mess with it, the worse it gets. Looks like I'll have to replace the lens' (cheaper than the cameras). :(

Reactions: old man mavic
There must be a coating (anti-glare?) on the lens?

Yes, there is a hard coating just like a camera lens.
It's an anti reflective nano particle coating sputtered onto the glass surface.

You're right, start damaging that, nothing will rectify it.
New lens you'll be right, just use a soft cloth (microfibre) and mild detergent with water (if needed) to clean.

Thanks for the info! I've purchased a few lens replacement kits for the cameras I have, they're supposed to be on a slow boat from China with a May 17th approximate arrival date. ?
I'll update the thread after I install them... ?

Lens surfaces need to be treated carefully. The anti-reflective coatings can be quite soft and easily damaged. Absolutely clean microfiber lens fabric, lens cleaner, and a light touch are all required. Brushing beforehand with a lens brush can help avoid micro scratches from rubbing small particles of dirt against the lens surface.

Tee shirts, handkerchiefs, paper towels etc cannot be used.

Reactions: JeffreyS
I've used a hand sanitizer to get off about anything that is sticky or permanent markers. Also a very soft cloth with no lint.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian