DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remove film protector inside the camera mavic 2 pro

I'm not sure what that parts list is actually selling, but it's not the complete camera. Lowest I can find is $548 on eBay (Aliexpress has them used for less). Probably your best bet is to try one of the drone repair services to see if they can get individual camera parts, "lens assembly" etc. Not sure they make those parts available to the public.

I’d open a case in Refresh... all they can say is yes or no.... since it’s so new you’ll likely get one NIB.

It really looked like a protective film. I feel so stupid... Now I am sending everything to DJI assistance. How much do you think it costs to replace glass?
They’ll probably say to replace the camera and I believe it is around $600

There is no way Hasselblad will have anything to do with a plastic lens, it would have been rather good quality glass with special coatings. When you clean a lens, never use a circular motion but wipe from the middle out.
If it’s not scratched try something like Eclipse fluid (used on camera sensors) and a cotton bud. It may just clear if it’s smudges however if it’s the coatings, expensive lesson to learn indeed.

You should try shooting some pictures before he freaked out. A lot of times even a scratch on the lens you don’t see it, because it is so de focused

You should try shooting some pictures before he freaked out. A lot of times even a scratch on the lens you don’t see it, because it is so de focused
Agreed but you can rely on a scratch creating flares and artifacts over an image plus multiple scratches/scrapings will soften an image.

Agreed but you can rely on a scratch creating flares and artifacts over an image plus multiple scratches/scrapings will soften an image.
Depends how deep it is. I have a 24mm on my Nikon with a light scratch can’ t see it in the image.

At first I thought this post was just some troll trying to get a reaction - but I guess it’s real? Why would you not have asked google the simple question before spending 2 hours destroying the camera lens? Ouch!

As it is now you cannot use the camera anymore. I'm not sure if it is the same construction, but I had something similar for Mavic 1 (scratches on the lens glass cover) and I succeeded to remove it with very much care and a 1 mm drilling on the cover glass edges. After breaking the glass I was able to remove it and the small drill damage I covered it by a bit of black paint. The result was unexpected: I have less flare now and a few more sharpness. I did not recommend this to you, but if you have precise hands I think you have nothing to loose now (except time). In the Mavic 1 camera the protected was a very strong glass and well bonded to the aluminium case.

As it is now you cannot use the camera anymore. I'm not sure if it is the same construction, but I had something similar for Mavic 1 (scratches on the lens glass cover) and I succeeded to remove it with very much care and a 1 mm drilling on the cover glass edges. After breaking the glass I was able to remove it and the small drill damage I covered it by a bit of black paint. The result was unexpected: I have less flare now and a few more sharpness. I did not recommend this to you, but if you have precise hands I think you have nothing to loose now (except time). In the Mavic 1 camera the protected was a very strong glass and well bonded to the aluminium case.
I think this would have been the filter on the bezel (assumed as I do not own the mavic pro) please don’t drill your lens!

Please read the entire thread.
Hi I thought I had, he’s removed his M2P bezel n possibly removed the lens coatings, the last poster Who has a M1P suggested drilling out the filter/protector. I would say drilling out his lens is not a good idea.
I’m no a pro photographer tho I do make regular money at it and I know how to care and clean lens’. The Eclipse liquid is great for cleaning (alcohol based) and just may salvage his lens if it’s a lot of smudging.

To be clear: attached is a picture. Because of the scratches I bought a new camera (up) and tried to "fix the old, by breaking the protecting glass. I'm using the "repaired" one (down), ugly, but less flare and a bit of more detail.

Attachments

• 1587997215672.JPEG
    1587997215672.JPEG
    73.7 KB · Views: 63
It’s not so bad if you’re going for the “vintage dust and scratches” look for all future shots.

One thing you could try is using acetone to clean up the mess that has become your lens. If it somehow makes it worse it’s probably not a huge deal I’d imagine.

When I saw the title of the thread I thought he meant protective film on the backside of the camera box. I didn't see that right one away when I unboxed my new MP2.

Wow.

I would just use a swab with alcohol and clean the area out. Turn on the camera and see what you got. Please post that image.

Some years ago my neighbor bought a new washing machine and I saw him on the driveway using hammer and chisel to remove the concrete stabalizing blocks BOLTED to the outer drum. I asked him what he was doing, His reply:
Just look, they use concrete to make it heavier (i.e. appearance of better quality), and I have to carry it upstairs so I'm removing these unnecessary weights.

Reactions: Justodroneadventure
It's not cost effective for the camera manufacture (or DJI) to repair or supply a camera allowing the lens to be replaced, so that option is definitely out - camera replacement only. Just don't try to remove a "protective" coating next time unless you're sure it's designed to be removed - sorry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron613