DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remove propellers or not?

TedShred

Reactions
I've always kept them on with my M2P.
With my P3A I had to remove them to fit in the case.

The M2P props are much better at "locking" into place than the P3A was, and it fits fine in its case with them on.

Is there any reason to remove them that I'm overlooking?

main reasons for removal on storage ,it gives you chance to check them for damage not only the blades but also the fixing hub to check none of the lugs underneath have broken off they can jam the motor and cause a crash,also you can check the motor mounts,for any movement due to the screws becoming loose very rare but can happen and lastly if the props are not completely flat as you put them in the case it can put stress on them and possibly cause a failure in flight

Reactions: TedShred
You can always check the props for damage even if you keep them on, but I find that I forget. Taking them off means that you have to handle them to put them on, which means it's REALLY hard to forget looking them over for damage when you do.

That said, I will put them on first time that day, then leave them on all day as a I drive around taking the drone in and out of the bag. I take the props off at the end of the day when get to home base to charge batteries / empty SD cards. In this scenario, I still try to take a look at them to be sure damaged didn't somehow happen (one user here reported getting shot at and found a well-damaged prop, even though it did fly the craft home -- good thing he didn't take off again with the damaged prop though).

Chris

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d