DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Removing annoying subtitles from M4P Videos?

InAz

Reactions
I did videos with my M4P & have these annoying subtitles that take up half the video regarding stats (frame rate, ms, etc) and need to remove this. How am I able to remove this file?

Subtitles can be turned off in the settings either on the drone or in the video player.

Reactions: buddb55
The subtitle file is created in parallel with the video file (if the Video caption setting is active under the camera settings) & not burned into the video file itself...

So you have a couple choices if you don't want to permanently/temporary use/see them...

1. Turn Video Caption off in the camera settings in the DJI GO4 app... the file will not be created at all.
1701875260048.png

2. Just play the video file from another location than where the .srt file is stored... meaning no subtitle file is accessible when playing the video.

3. Turn off subtitles in the player you use to play the video... meaning the subtitle will be disregarded during playing that video.

4. Use a video player that don't handle .srt subtitle files... meaning the .srt can't be read during playing the video.

Reactions: MS Coast
The subtitle file is created in parallel with the video file (if the Video caption setting is active under the camera settings) & not burned into the video file itself...

So you have a couple choices if you don't want to permanently/temporary use/see them...

1. Turn Video Caption off in the camera settings in the DJI GO4 app... the file will not be created at all.
View attachment 170821

2. Just play the video file from another location than where the .srt file is stored... meaning no subtitle file is accessible when playing the video.

3. Turn off subtitles in the player you use to play the video... meaning the subtitle will be disregarded during playing that video.

4. Use a video player that don't handle .srt subtitle files... meaning the .srt can't be read during playing the video.
Why would someone want these subtitles, anyway?

After the fact? I now understand you can turn off subtitles during the recording
If you player has the capability, go into the settings and turn off subtitles. Perhaps this only works with you have srt files.

For some, there are details in the subtitles that provide good information for you to evaluate your videos.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud

The generated SRT file has detailed real-time flight telemetry, similar to the infamous Flight Recorder in commercial passenger jets. This can be very useful for some applications.

Relative to the media recorded, these files are tiny. There's no strong reason to NOT have them generated... You'll be sorry if you find out some time in the future you could really use the telemetry overlay.

I record SRT files and store them with the video. Last time I actually used one was years ago. But they're essentially free from a storage standpoint, so nothing to lose recording snd keeping them.

The Mini 2 and Mini 3 does this without creating extra file clutter by creating a separate .srt file on the Micro SD card. Flight telemetry data is imbedded in the .mp4 video file and can be switched on or off in the video player. And in addition, the Mini 4 Pro now also creates a 'low res' video file, even more clutter.

After the fact? I now understand you can turn off subtitles during the recording
After the fact, go to your desktop folder and either delete or move to a separate folder, the .srt files

Screenshot 2023-12-07 061128.jpg

Good information here. I didn't know about the telemetry overlay. Thank you!

Or general telemetry overlay. Juan has several options and they're great additions to action cam videos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian