DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair help

medic2medic

Reactions
I had no problem flying today. I went to charge my controller and the connection does not fit. I tried connecting to the Mavic Pro and software no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• E755C06E-4601-4859-9974-B1CC827C66CE.jpeg
    E755C06E-4601-4859-9974-B1CC827C66CE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • 46FE7E81-B999-4FF1-88D2-9B09E934D92C.jpeg
    46FE7E81-B999-4FF1-88D2-9B09E934D92C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
I had no problem flying today. I went to charge my controller and the connection does not fit. I tried connecting to the Mavic Pro and software no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Looks like you inserted the charge cable upside down, damaging the port. I believe the USB port is a part of the controller's "keyboard" which can be replaced for around $20 on eBay, assuming you are willing to do it yourself.

I bought it in February. Not sure if I can do it myself. How hard is it to replace the port?
There are videos on YouTube that show how to take the controller apart. The one I followed was presented by Titan Drones. There may be others. You may need some tools. Take a look.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks. I took a quick look and this would be out of my realm.
Well I admit, the first time I did it, it was scary. But now I do all my own mods. I've never hired anyone to fix my equipment. But it's kinda cool seeing all the guts and stuff, and a great learning experience.

Reactions: CJH92474
You can give a shout to @djidroneservice who can probably help you out. Not only do they offer FREE shipping and ESTIMATES but they are also an Approved Vendor here on the forum which helps to keep this forum FREE for the rest of us. That's a WIN-WIN any day of the week.

DJI Drone Serive (Not a DJI facility by the way)
"
Drone is out of warranty or crashed in "Sport Mode"? We got your back! In a few simple clear steps, your drone will be on its way to our skilled certified technician, RISK-FREE. As part of promising full integrity and clarity, we offer FREE Send/Return shipping, FREE inspection, and more options when you've run out of them. We fix all DJI drones; Spark, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro, Inspire 1, Inspire 2 and Matrice. Our mission is always to get you back where you belong, up in the air.

Family Owned & Operated
Free Inspection & Free Shipping
www.djidroneservice.com
"

Reactions: DDS
It looks like I can buy a preowned controller for less than the repair. I checked a local repair place in my area and they said it would cost almost as much as a new controller. Thanks for all the help.

I'd give the vendor I mentioned above a chance to chime in before I made that purchase... just saying :)

I sent them a request
I have a used MP remote and tested to be working

all yours for $99

lmk if interested

to swap the usb is a tedious task as you need to solder a usb port (very small) after labor and the $20 port you looking at more than the cost of just buying another remote.

Pm me if interested

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure