DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair landing gear?

Ijohnsson

Reactions
Hi, managed to crack one of the front landing gears a little due to a rough landing. Does anyone know if/where I can purchase a Mavic 2 landing gear replacement part?

Yes, I know how to solder electronics. Is that required? I thought you just pull out the antenna from the landing gear. Is it the front light that needs soldering?

Yes. The 3 LED leads needs to be unsoldered and resoldered. Plus, the antenna, which is sometimes glued in, needs to be pulled out of the leg, .

I have tried to glue the landing gear crack but am concerned it may not hold up

No, thats not going to hold it, and if it breaks when you try to land, you will be very unhappy.

Have you pulled the leg off yet?

Just a joke... I tell people that if it doesnt work on the ground, it's not going to fix itself when youre in the air. Better to fix it before you fly again.

No, thats not going to hold it, and if it breaks when you try to land, you will be very unhappy.

Just a joke... I tell people that if it doesnt work on the ground, it's not going to fix itself when youre in the air. Better to fix it before you fly again.

I removed the three screws so it would be easier to glue the cracked part (JB Weld), but only lifted the landing gear a little bit; I didn't fully remove it.

Reactions: PURSUER01

Would you have a front right landing gear part for sale?

I removed the three screws so it would be easier to glue the cracked part (JB Weld), but only lifted the landing gear a little bit; I didn't fully remove it.

The nest step, since you are doing self-repair, is to get the antenna off the leg without damaging it. Pop the LED cover off, take out the 3 bottom screws, take out the tiny screw holding the LED cover on.

If you have gotten this far, pull the leg off just a little, and keep checking for tension on the LED light harness. Dont pull to hard or you will break the LED wires and then need a whole new arm. Keep an eye on teh antenna wire, and mae sure the antenna can be pulled out using the wire. There is really no other way to pull the antenna out of the leg without cutting the leg open.

If you are able to get the antenna out without breaking teh coax, then you have to unsolder the 3 LED wires because the LED wont fit through the hole in the leg to be able to get the leg off.

Ok, now that you have unsoldered the LED fixture, taken out all the screws, and are pulling the antenna out of the leg, be careful not to break the antenna board.

When you have gotten this far without breaking anything, give us an update.

Would you have a front right landing gear part for sale?

Yes I sell the leg by itself. They are $69 each. I take the arm off a new M2, and then disassembly takes me 30 minutes to get the leg off the arm without breaking anything. You can buy a whole new arm off of eBay but then you have to get the antenna out, and they are very hard to do, most of the time. Sometimes I find it easier just to buy and install a whole new arm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs