DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair / Return: What is the process

wrecks

Reactions
Bummed, my gimble doesn't point up or down. Getting a overheat issue on the app. Tried firmware downgrade and upgrade... and all calibrations. It just moves left to right really fast.

Question is:
1. When I send it back for return will they return the original box?
2. Will they provide me a shipping label?
3. Will I be shipping it to Hong Kong/China or back in the states?
4. Turn around time?

Sucks because I was going to fly it for the first time next week in Hong Kong. I have yet to fly my Mavic since I received it and came back to Hawaii.

Last edited:
Have you contacted DJI to see if they can diagnose/fix it over a chat or phone call? Worth a shot.
Typically if you live in the states it goes to California.

Reactions: wrecks
1. No, they will return it in a new box. (I actually shipped it in a custom case inside a box. They returned the custom case with the new drone inside of it)
2. Yes, they will provide you a UPS ground shipping label. Took like 5 days to get to their facility from east coast.
3. It will be shipped to CA
4. Once UPS deliveried it, it took like 4 or 5 business days for them to "receive it" in. Then it took them 1 or 2 business days to fix and reship it.

So overall, I say it was pretty fast. Just dont get concerned when they have not received it from UPS according to their ticketing system. Seems like they only receive it when they are ready to actually fix it.

Reactions: wrecks
Luv/Adam thanks for the reply.

Will call them during there business hours. Guess I'm in no rush to get it back since I will be out of the country, but will love it to be at my door when I come back next year.

Bummed, my gimble doesn't point up or down. Getting a overheat issue on the app. Tried firmware downgrade and upgrade... and all calibrations. It just moves left to right really fast.

Question is:
1. When I send it back for return will they return the original box?
2. Will they provide me a shipping label?
3. Will I be shipping it to Hong Kong/China or back in the states?
4. Turn around time?

Sucks because I was going to fly it for the first time next week in Hong Kong. I have yet to fly my Mavic since I received it and came back to Hawaii.
since i've been through the Mavic Repair process i'll answer your questions

1: nope, in fact, they forbid using retail packaging in the return instructions. The prevous user just got lucky he got his back.
2: yes but it's UPS ground (very slow if you live far away)
3: USA, everything will be done in the usa
4: 2-3 weeks, it just depends on if you have questions about a estimate or damage quoted. Any communication adds 2 days per message sent since there is no direct line of communication with the repair department, not even for DJI Support.

since i've been through the Mavic Repair process i'll answer your questions

1: nope, in fact, they forbid using retail packaging in the return instructions. The prevous user just got lucky he got his back.
2: yes but it's UPS ground (very slow if you live far away)
3: USA, everything will be done in the usa
4: 2-3 weeks, it just depends on if you have questions about a estimate or damage quoted. Any communication adds 2 days per message sent since there is no direct line of communication with the repair department, not even for DJI Support.

Mine is having to be returned for repair due to Gimbal issues.

Looking at the instructions no need to send controller or props - so I'll remove all of this.

But no mention of battery - do I send this or keep it?

You say "nope, in fact, they forbid using retail packaging in the return instructions" - it doesn't mention this in the emails/form I got.

The original box is the perfect size - not sure I have anything as protective. Is it that bad to use the original box?

Mine is having to be returned for repair due to Gimbal issues.

Looking at the instructions no need to send controller or props - so I'll remove all of this.

But no mention of battery - do I send this or keep it?

You say "nope, in fact, they forbid using retail packaging in the return instructions" - it doesn't mention this in the emails/form I got.

The original box is the perfect size - not sure I have anything as protective. Is it that bad to use the original box?

So how did the process go? I'm sending my back once I receive the shipping label for gimbal issues.

What was the time line?

Was it a fast turn around?

Did they charge you?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My experience was quite good. My Mavic had the focus issue where it could only focus on a small part of the center of the image. The sent me a label and I shipped the Mavic back to them the week before Christmas. I already have a brand new Mavic (got it 2 days ago) even though they said the issue would be resolved by replacing the camera/gimbal assembly. I do NOT have the DJI Care Refresh so that doers not seem to be a factor for these Mavics with obvious defects. My new Mavic appears to have a much better picture although I have not been able to fully test due to weather.

I sent my Mavic including battery and the controller in the original box without props, the new one I received had my original battery (it was marked) but the Mavic had the 2 props on the bottom, bonus set of props :)

My experience was quite good. My Mavic had the focus issue where it could only focus on a small part of the center of the image. The sent me a label and I shipped the Mavic back to them the week before Christmas. I already have a brand new Mavic (got it 2 days ago) even though they said the issue would be resolved by replacing the camera/gimbal assembly. I do NOT have the DJI Care Refresh so that doers not seem to be a factor for these Mavics with obvious defects. My new Mavic appears to have a much better picture although I have not been able to fully test due to weather.

Awesome. Mines going back for gimbal sneezes. Hopefully the turn arounds still fast. Although I do have a week of down time due to the weather also.

Thanks for the fast response!

Did you ship in you original box?

Mavic and controller only?

So how did the process go? I'm sending my back once I receive the shipping label for gimbal issues.

What was the time line?

Was it a fast turn around?

Did they charge you?

It went pretty well though Christmas/New Year holidays delayed things.

Hardest part was the initial contact with DJI - once they accepted the issue and raised the return it was plain sailing.

If it wasn't for the bank holidays I'd say the whole process takes around 7 - 14 days.

I've got the return tracking number now - though not yet shipped by UPS.

Total cost if it had of been my fault would be 220 euros including service charge.

But was done free under warranty.

As I say the hardest part was the initial chat with DJI. Mostly because even when its very obviously a hardware issue they insist in you doing software related checks.

Anyway I have to say DJI came through for me. Mind you I've not got it back yet!

Reactions: Tyler Draper
Quick question.....
Did dji send a shipping label or did you have to ship in to the address provided on Carson CA on your own. I've been waiting for about 2 days now to see if they were send omg one but I haven't received it.
I was wondering if I should just go ahead and ship it myself?

Quick question.....
Did dji send a shipping label or did you have to ship in to the address provided on Carson CA on your own. I've been waiting for about 2 days now to see if they were send omg one but I haven't received it.
I was wondering if I should just go ahead and ship it myself?

Received an email with a UPS link to print shipping label at their cost. Took around 2 business day from submitting the self repair request.

Same for me, I think mine might have come only 1 day or so after I requested the return through the website they sent me to. It is possible since more people have been receiving their Mavics that the repair center is getting busier. There are plenty of videos showing people already crashing their Mavics, usually due to pilot error.

My Mavic had problems out of the box and never did fly. After on-line chat and contact by phone, I returned it to California Dec 16. They "received" it Dec 27 (despite the fact that it was actually delivered on 12/21/16.) I'm still waiting for my Mavic. So bottom line is I'm pissed that after almost 3 months I haven't received a working quad and support has been spotty. Email response from DJI has included nuggets like "As of now, the unit just got unpacked and forwarded to the service team that will evaluate your unit during business days." Like I expect them to work during non-business days. Really unresponsive and clueless.

Trying to send my mavic back for repair and when I tap print label on the link DJI sent me I get the label. But when I try to print it it comes out cut in half I got DJI to send me another link see how that works.

Trying to send my mavic back for repair and when I tap print label on the link DJI sent me I get the label. But when I try to print it it comes out cut in half I got DJI to send me another link see how that works.
Check your printer settings to be sure it isn't scaling it to large.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki