DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair with UV booster

Tnx for the tip but I wouldn't trust it for structural components (arms, hinges) I reckon the safest bet would be the old two component epoxy, prepping the surface with coarse sandpaper. It's not going to be beautiful regardless...

I reckon the safest bet would be the old two component epoxy, prepping the surface with coarse sandpaper. It's not going to be beautiful regardless...

My 30 years of experience with RC aircraft tells me that epoxy is good for hard surfaces only. For some plastics, it is actually better to use cyanoacrylate. Today there are UV-cure glues that can bond other materials such as rubber and even silicone extremely well. I definitely will be watching and testing them out some time.

Tnx for the tip but I wouldn't trust it for structural components (arms, hinges) I reckon the safest bet would be the old two component epoxy, prepping the surface with coarse sandpaper. It's not going to be beautiful regardless...

2.5 kg is enough for amateur drones, but it depends on the surface, in this example it is quite flat and the easiest to glue.
It is always best to replace broken parts with spare ones if possible.

Personally, I would rarely trust repairing anything on a drone to anything except just replacing parts with OEM or OEM equivalent. Especially something like an arm. Way too much vibration and aerodynamics involved to mess around with DIY fixes (FPV racers are of course the exception as well).

The only times I would trust that is for landing gear. And I've replaced the yaw arm on my P4P with an aftermarket one, and it works great.

But again, I would never trust a DIY fix for anything structural.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857