DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repaired drone seems underpowered

ehart

Reactions
I recently repaired my Mavic Air 2 after a crash involving a tree. The rear right arm shaft hinge was clearly broken so I replaced it and reassembled the drone. Now when I try to auto take off, the drone will not take off. All the motors rev up and attempt to take off, but the rear right appears to be underpowered and does not keep up with the rest and the drone tilts towards that side and then errors out.

I’m trying to determine if the problem is with my soldering or if the motor needs to be replaced as well.

Has anyone experienced this and how do I go about diagnosing the issue?

Reactions: RodPad
but the rear right appears to be underpowered and does not keep up with the rest and the drone tilts towards that side and then errors out.
Have you recalibrated the IMU after the repairs?
That is necessary so the drone understands what "level" is and can maintain level flight.

Have you recalibrated the IMU after the repairs?
That is necessary so the drone understands what "level" is and can maintain level flight.
I took your suggestion and did a recalibration of the IMU and I also recalibrated the compass. And I double, and triple checked that the props were on the correct motors.

The drone still has the same issue. When trying to take off, it revs the motors and it tilts towards the one that was repaired.

If you can find someone with an RC Airplane Prop Tach, You could check for sure if the Motor is running correctly.
If you soldered it Wrong it would "studder" or simply not work at all, so its probably not that. If you calibrated the drone without any errors then it could very well be a bad part.
Did you clean off all the flux with alcohol or board cleaner after you soldered it?
No sensor errors?
Also I would think you would be getting an IMU error on screen

Last edited:
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I am thinking along the same lines as @Cafguy's post #6 but that you have inadvertently swapped two motor connections. These motors are I believe effectively 3 phase motors and from memory 3 phase motors are reversed by swapping two connections.
I suggest you remove the props from the other three motors, start the motors at idle and check whether the right rear is blowing air upwards. If so check if the solder joints have coloured dots near them. If so do the colours match with the colours of the wires you have connected to them?
Look at
around 9 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne