DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repairing from a crash

It looks like a random Gimbal Inflight Random Reset (or GRR lol). Were you in sport mode when this happened? Someone seems to report this every day on the boards. After the reset it looks like RF interference. You were well into the flight when it happened, has it happened before?

I went into sports modes when it happen. Before when it happened a few times I lost all recording. So if I was five minutes into recording nothing will be there to review after flight, which occur when I was on Android 7. Yesterday it happen for the twice time since I been using iOS 11.3. Remote, firmware, go4 all updated to current. Do you think replacing the ribbon can help, plus the used of that sealant to make sure the connections for the ribbon cable stay in place? By the way do you sell that sealant?

Do you think replacing the ribbon can help, plus the used of that sealant to make sure the connections for the ribbon cable stay in place? By the way do you sell that sealant?

It does sound like something mechanical is loose inside your gimbal. Replacing the ribbon cable might help, but since it was rock solid for the first 5 minutes, Im thinking it's a loose ribbon cable power connection to your gimbal PCB from the gimbal. You can check if the gimbal flat ribbon is all the way clicked in the the gimbal PCB. It might just be a little bit loose and causing a disconnect.

You can use this flexible, vibration proof and water proof sealant It works well because if you end up putting too much on, it peels away just like the OEM silicone.

Most Walmarts sell it in the tool departmetn:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Loctite-...35&wl11=local&wl12=21674360&wl13=2154&veh=sem

Reactions: Pipes101
It does sound like something mechanical is loose inside your gimbal. Replacing the ribbon cable might help, but since it was rock solid for the first 5 minutes, Im thinking it's a loose ribbon cable power connection to your gimbal PCB from the gimbal. You can check if the gimbal flat ribbon is all the way clicked in the the gimbal PCB. It might just be a little bit loose and causing a disconnect.

You can use this flexible, vibration proof and water proof sealant It works well because if you end up putting too much on, it peels away just like the OEM silicone.

Most Walmarts sell it in the tool departmetn:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Loctite-...35&wl11=local&wl12=21674360&wl13=2154&veh=sem

I will take a look at it this weekend, thx again brother man!

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31