DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repeatable Tracking

Mavicsailor

Reactions
When using only the right RC stick (mode 2) to move the AC straight away, then directly back to you, (no side to side), do you find the tracking repeatable? (Total distance out about 100 feet) When I do this the AC drifts to the left a bit upon returning to me, each time a little farther to the left. Hover is stable. I've recalibrate RC, compass and IMU calibration with no change.

Anyone tried this? I would have thought the AC would track repeatably.

It totally depends on the GPS signal stability. Most times, it is pretty close especially if I wait until I have 15 or more satellites but sometimes it is shaky even with 12 or more satellites.

Thanks

Because there were hills around me I only had 10 to 12 satellites, so this very well could be the reason for the lack of repeatability on tracking. Interesting that flying straight up and straight down 100 feet allowed for a repeatability of about 1 foot away from the landing/takeoff point.

Flying straight back and forth at about 6 feet altitude was off as much as 5 feet from the staring point side to side.

Not a big deal. Just trying to get a feel if this is within the normal limits of operation.

What you are seeing matches my own experience. I have been using GPS since day one and it it is pretty good but if you take a hand held GPS and turn on tracking, you will see that your position wanders over a pretty large area (I will typically get a 25 foot radius with 10 to 12 satellites over a ten minute period.). Another way to see if this is when I do a hike and leave a track both coming and going on the same exact trail, I will notice that my two tracks will be some distance apart. 20 to 50 feet is not unusual at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotszamana