DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement battery for Mavic Pro remote?

wsalopek

Reactions
Hi guys...

I need a new battery for my Mavic Pro remote. Amazon has them for around $20, and that's fine, but they don't get the best reviews. I've searched around the DJI Store (figuring the battery would be very good quality), and can't find remote batteries listed anywhere?

Does DJI sell remote batteries? And - have you had to replace your battery? Where did you get it and were you satisfied?

Thanks...

Hi guys...

I need a new battery for my Mavic Pro remote. Amazon has them for around $20, and that's fine, but they don't get the best reviews. I've searched around the DJI Store (figuring the battery would be very good quality), and can't find remote batteries listed anywhere?

Does DJI sell remote batteries? And - have you had to replace your battery? Where did you get it and were you satisfied?

Thanks...
Not to the general public.

I know there is a REALLY good DIY video on YouTube about changing the controller battery with what looks like a soft pack lipo, and the original is virtually an identical unit, so I think DJI just purchase these . . .

See 10:45 . . .

I know there is a REALLY good DIY video on YouTube about changing the controller battery with what looks like a soft pack lipo, and the original is virtually an identical unit, so I think DJI just purchase these . . .

See 10:45 . . .

Thanks - looking at it now.

Reactions: Xitor
So they want you to send in the controller for repair for a battery swap? Yeesh. And I wonder the cost...
You can look for other Authorized DJI repair places. You might be able to just purchase the battery from one of them and do it yourself. Have you checked to see if Adorma or B & H has them?

You can look for other Authorized DJI repair places. You might be able to just purchase the battery from one of them and do it yourself. Have you checked to see if Adorma or B & H has them?
Good idea to check B&H and Adorama - just did, and didn't see the battery. That video above has a link to a Chinese seller which appears to be selling DJI OEM batteries for about $30 shipped. Not too bad a price.

I was also thinking of attaching an external battery somehow - and that could be useful to extend flying days even if the battery in the remote is in good health.

That said, swapping out the internal looks like the way to go. Just wish I could get a known good-quality battery from a seller in the U.S. Amazon reviews are hard to trust sometimes.

Good idea to check B&H and Adorama - just did, and didn't see the battery. That video above has a link to a Chinese seller which appears to be selling DJI OEM batteries for about $30 shipped. Not too bad a price.

I was also thinking of attaching an external battery somehow - and that could be useful to extend flying days even if the battery in the remote is in good health.

That said, swapping out the internal looks like the way to go. Just wish I could get a known good-quality battery from a seller in the U.S. Amazon reviews are hard to trust sometimes.
One thing I have found about Amazon is that they stand behind the buyer. Is this the battery you're looking for?

Another option is to look for a decent 2nd hand controller.
There are usually some floating about here or other selling sites online.

You could even still do the battery replacement, just for the experience of it, having a 2nd controller for an M1P is handy, as you can set up a slave / master with both and let others fly you drone with the slave, you have the master which can override their control at any time.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
So they want you to send in the controller for repair for a battery swap? Yeesh. And I wonder the cost...
There are some folks out there that don’t have the opportunity or ability to do these types of repairs. My guess is that’s how a repair facility was invented.

I sent my M2P remote controller to DJI in January for the same reason. They charged $74.
Best way to go if price acceptable. I've started sending my remotes to DJI after fixing several myself. Remotes wear out and the DJI replacement is sealed brand new. Usually 2 weeks from placing request to new one at my door, frt free. If no receipt for purchase just use part serial #. Get shipping labels emailed. They'll ship day after receiving old one but return UPS is slow ..ground.

Reactions: Starz
It's interesting to hear that DJI will do this repair as I spoke to DJI in Europe and they wouldn't do it instead suggesting I speak to DJI authorised repair centres in the UK who also said they don't do it either. I had to buy another remote eventually which was irritating given it was just a battery I needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost