DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement camera Lens

RobG1986

Reactions
I am absolutely furious with myself, I was filming under some trees to get a view of a sunset through some branches and rather than going down and out the way of the branches again, I had a complete brain fart and just moved froward.

The resulting collision sent the drone spinning into the hard mud field 30ft below. When it happened I was absolutely staggered by the depths of my own stupidity. Especially since I have had UAVS for nearly ten years and wouldnt have made that mistake on day one, let alone now.

When I recovered enough from b*llocking myself over and over I went to go and check the drone and was gutted to discover that the camera lens was broken along with one of the props but mercifully the rest of the drone seems to be ok (although not had a flight yet to confirm this).

My question is, I have hunted for a replacement camera unit (just the camera not the gimbal) and I cannot for the life of me find a UK supplier selling these. I would even buy it with a replacement gimbal if it gets me back in the air again. Does anybody know where I could obtain one?

I ll post some pictures of the damage (just for interest) later

Reactions: old man mavic
I am absolutely furious with myself, I was filming under some trees to get a view of a sunset through some branches and rather than going down and out the way of the branches again, I had a complete brain fart and just moved froward.

The resulting collision sent the drone spinning into the hard mud field 30ft below. When it happened I was absolutely staggered by the depths of my own stupidity. Especially since I have had UAVS for nearly ten years and wouldnt have made that mistake on day one, let alone now.

When I recovered enough from b*llocking myself over and over I went to go and check the drone and was gutted to discover that the camera lens was broken along with one of the props but mercifully the rest of the drone seems to be ok (although not had a flight yet to confirm this).

My question is, I have hunted for a replacement camera unit (just the camera not the gimbal) and I cannot for the life of me find a UK supplier selling these. I would even buy it with a replacement gimbal if it gets me back in the air again. Does anybody know where I could obtain one?

I ll post some pictures of the damage (just for interest) later
I have a spare. If this is what you are looking for

Attachments

• 20191220_103240.jpg
    20191220_103240.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
Yes indeed. These sites are a wonderful tool. Merry Christmas!

I have a spare. If this is what you are looking for
Where can I get one of these in UK??? My camera is having issues focusing and I have tried absolutely everything. I have concluded that the focus mechanism is only operating in a small portion of its range (90% to 100% if you say macro is 0% and infinity is 100%)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis