DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Request for opinion

Garfieldg

Reactions
I wonder could I ask for an opinion? I bought a Crystalsky from a well known auction site. It was advertised with a screen protector fitted. It arrived in good condition but I don’t like screen protectors so I removed it. I found that the screen was damaged by the protector - it appears to have removed some of the surface of the screen (see attached pic). The seller is refusing claiming I damaged the screen by removing the protector. I would appreciate an opinion. Thank you.

Attachments

• B258F736-D05D-4452-802B-499EB831048D.jpeg
    B258F736-D05D-4452-802B-499EB831048D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
I assume the blob in the middle is a graphic? It appears that pulling the screen protector off has lifted some of the coating on the screen ... Have you got corresponding flecks on the sticky-side of the removed protector film??? If so, then there is really no argument, as that would indicate that all was sound until you chose to remove the 'protective' film ... Unfortunate!

Are the light spots reflections or does it look like that in a dark room?

It looks like it in all light conditions. It appears the screen protector has removed some of the coating of the screen, perhaps an anti-glare coating?

The blob in the middle is the reflection of my light fitting, the screen is turned off.

Can you feel any difference between a damaged and undamaged spot?

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Yes there’s a definite difference. I thought initially it left glue residue but I have tried light rubbing and nothing changes

The most important thing is... is it noticeable when the screen is on, does it interfere while viewing the Go4 app?

Unfortunately it does. I thought that once the screen was on.it wouldn’t be noticeable but it is

I don’t know but could you take it to a professional and get it repaired like you can with mobile phone screens, may be worth looking into;)

Does anyone know if DJI has a repair center for the CS? I would assume they would have to have some type of service facility. That being said I think I would still go with a local shop.

Does anyone know if DJI has a repair center for the CS? I would assume they would have to have some type of service facility. That being said I think I would still go with a local shop.

Bet it would be cheaper getting it repaired locally, Dji would want a small fortune for the repair:rolleyes:

So is the view that when I removed the screen protector I caused the damage? I’m not on any one side or another just wondering what to do next :)

Can you feel any difference between a damaged and undamaged spot?
Yes there’s a definite difference. I thought initially it left glue residue but I have tried light rubbing and nothing changes
• If the light spots feel like they are raised up, then it is part of the screen protector and can be removed. You could try some strong tape like packing or duct tape. Put the tape over a spot and rub it in with your fingernail and peel it off. Many times the stuck on piece will come off with the tape.
• If the light spots feel like they are indented then a layer of the screen separated off. Not sure what you can do about this but perhaps some light polish or car wax might work. Hopefully a phone repair person may chime in with some more helpful advice.

Whatever you do, start on a small spot close to the edge in case you make it worse.

Perhaps a phone repair shop would have a fix, considering the screen may be similar to what they work on.

Try a company like Dome Glass. They have screen protectors that are applied with a liquid solution and UV light to cure. Their phone screen protectors are the absolute best. I know that is what you wanted to eliminate but if in fact you have removed the coating from the original screen this would fill it back it back in during the curing process.

Ouch. It reached you in good condition, your action caused the damage. The seller won't be responsible.
Maybe adding a better screen protector might help?

I know its an obvious point but have you spoken to DJI support ? What’s there view on whether the coating ( if it is ) should have come off due to a screen protector being removed?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803