DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Request help in getting Precision Takeoff to engage

BenF

Reactions
The only option that does anything, is un-selecting the Precision Takeoff check box.
I've tried every button on the controller to no avail.
So, I can not get a precision takeoff.
In all the youtube videos, this screen doesn't appear, the MA just takes off.
It's sitting on a 75cm bright orange Home pad.

Screenshot_20190807-065514.jpg

You need to tap and drag the white button on this bar to the right to take off.

1565198334266.png

Here's what that screen looks like when displayed on a larger mobile device:

1565198479363.png

the yellow line should say slide to take off below it it does on my mavic pro platinum yours seems different

Just above the yellow "take off line" is a little blue box. Tap on that before you touch, then move the white point to the right. The drone will take off, higher then if you do not tap the blue box. It will hover then for a moment, I assume to get a kind of memory image of the surface below it. My MA gives me the message "homepoint is being recorded, please check on the map" and I am free to fly.
The automated return and landing then functioned within a distance of about 15 cemtimeters after being out for 250 meter. Pretty impressing to me.

The only option that does anything, is un-selecting the Precision Takeoff check box.
I've tried every button on the controller to no avail.
So, I can not get a precision takeoff.
In all the youtube videos, this screen doesn't appear, the MA just takes off.
It's sitting on a 75cm bright orange Home pad.

View attachment 79099
I dont believe there anything special about the auto-take off precision landing thing. You’d get the same result by taking off normally and then ascending to 20 ft directly above the take off point and holding a hover for a few seconds to let it take pictures. Precision landing is enabled in the sensor settings not the auto-take off page

Doesn't precision landing option when enabled get the MA to take images of the takeoff point and use that as a rreference when auto landing? When I've taken off regularly and do a RTH it returns but might be off by a foot (sometimes perfect though). When using precision it was within centimeters. I do see a difference. Whether I take off and hover for 20 seconds or not.

Reactions: LaminarFly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quint21