DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Requirements for a tablet

FoxyGary

Reactions
Hi, new here. Does anyone understand what a tablet needs to function with the Mini? I looked at the recommended list on this forum, but no where does it indicate what the tablet needs, such as GPS, data plan, compass, etc. I currently use an IPhone 8 Plus which of course has all these, but I need the bigger screen. Can I just buy a WiFi only IPad mini? I don’t want to pay for another data device Every month. Thanks..

Hi, new here. Does anyone understand what a tablet needs to function with the Mini? I looked at the recommended list on this forum, but no where does it indicate what the tablet needs, such as GPS, data plan, compass, etc. I currently use an IPhone 8 Plus which of course has all these, but I need the bigger screen. Can I just buy a WiFi only IPad mini? I don’t want to pay for another data device Every month. Thanks..
yes a wifi only ipad works fine if you need maps you just download them before you go out to fly

I bought the ipad as it was on sale and works awesome. The mini is good also as it fits into the controller but is a bit more expensive than the regular ipad

I use a Note 8 with good results. I purchased a WIFI only Ipad with on holiday sales. Once I downloaded the app, FW upgrades and maps at home, I was good to go. I did not need WIFI while flying. Of course, you will have to connect to the controller.
I like the screen size (10.2) and have it mounted on a tripod. I also have a Mavmount setup if needed. The Note8, at 1200nits, is brighter, but I like the larger Ipad screen and now have options. Works for me. Enjoy your flying.

iPad mini is the perfect size. Gen 2 works perfectly fine. You can find returns on eBay for around $140. I would suggest a cellular capable one, even if you don’t activate service. This way you get the GPS capability on the controller.

Just download the maps of the area you’ll be at before you go. OR just hotspot the mini to the phone for 2 seconds and start the app on the mini. That’ll load the maps quick and you can disable the hotspot right away.

Just download the maps of the area you’ll be at before you go. OR just hotspot the mini to the phone for 2 seconds and start the app on the mini. That’ll load the maps quick and you can disable the hotspot right away.

Thanks! I'll try that once I get an IPAD Mini. Still looking for one. Good to know you're in Allentown. Keep in touch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbod