DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Resettign Home point "on-the-fly" (after launch)

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I have both a M2 and a Mini. While out with a friend, letting him fly my Mini in an open field, when the RTH button was hit on the Mini is started to come down in the middle of the field as opposed to the edge where it took off and to the best of my recollection was where the homepoint was set. My friend said that he thinks the voice in the controller set the homepoint after launch but didn't remember what he did.

In both/either drones, how can one reset the homepoint in mid flight?

I have both a M2 and a Mini. While out with a friend, letting him fly my Mini in an open field, when the RTH button was hit on the Mini is started to come down in the middle of the field as opposed to the edge where it took off and to the best of my recollection was where the homepoint was set. My friend said that he thinks the voice in the controller set the homepoint after launch but didn't remember what he did.

In both/either drones, how can one reset the homepoint in mid flight?

On page 13 of the Mini manual (under "RTH Procedure") it says: "If the aircraft is less than 20m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it lands immediately". Could this have applied to you? If you want to reset the home point in the Fly app, take a look here:

I can also confirm that you can change your homepoint to somewhere well outside of the range of the signal and it will fly it like a waypoint and go as far as the battery will allow i don’t know why it is not possible to use that function to get waypoint missions (like litichi does for other dji) possible Basically if an app was made to change the homepoint as it reached it it would work ... i can set my homepoint 10km away and hit rth and it will bline it to the homepoint selected. Is there a way to do it so it doesn’t actually land on rth but goes to the hp and just hovers?

I know u can set it to hover land or rth in emergency setting but im not sure if u can have rth but hover on homepoint instead of landing.. would be nice because unless u are at the homepoint landing it isn’t the safest thing to do the times i did this I basically had a good mid point location for homepoint and launched at corners of land but i raced it via Atv and took back control before it landed... its time for another property scan with hunting season open earlier hace had problems with People previousyear’s... i just let the mini fly from the corners and then he gets to take the thumb drive and watch it on his tv and if he sees anything he wants to inspect further he is able to have a pretty close location to go to

Is there a way to do it so it doesn’t actually land on rth but goes to the hp and just hovers?

I think that would be an excellent feature, but I don't think it's available with DJI or Litchi apps... but I could be wrong. It's incredible the amount of detail one could learn from the manuals, but just as incredible is what isn't documented in them.

Basically if an app was made to change the homepoint as it reached it it would work ... i can set my homepoint 10km away and hit rth and it will bline it to the homepoint selected. Is there a way to do it so it doesn’t actually land on rth but goes to the hp and just hovers?

The danger would be that in the event of a loss of signal, it would fly to whichever "waypoint" was currently designated as the home point and not back to you. You would lose that failsafe feature. Also, I don't think it's possible to stop it trying to land at the end of a RTH without your intervention.

Is there a way to do it so it doesn’t actually land on rth but goes to the hp and just hovers?

im not sure if u can have rth but hover on homepoint instead of landing.
The settings you are thinking of are the Loss of Signal actions - what your drone will do if signal is lost.
There are no such options for RTH.
But you can do whatever you want if you are controlling the drone.

My friend said that he thinks the voice in the controller set the homepoint after launch but didn't remember what he did.
There are a couple of possibilities, the recorded flight data will show exactly what happened.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada