DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

response to comments made in the thread, good news for UK holders of an A2 C of C

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
after quite a protracted debate yesterday between myself and @Johnmcl7 in the thread title ,mentioned in the title of my thread,in which i was accused of scaremongering ,and the fact that i was a mod ,meant i should know better
i feel that i should just set the record straight ,with regards to my post #10 in the afore mentioned thread ,which @Johnmcl7 seemed to take exception to
please feel free to read it and the subsequent exchanges between us
at no point in post #10 did i say that you would need a GVC certificate ,to fly a legacy drone after December2022
what i did say, was in order to enjoy the less restrictive flight ,that a sub250g Mini drone gives us in the UK ,then the only alternative would be to pass a GVC and fly a heavier drone in the specific category
no mention was made about the existing A3 category in post #10
if anyone feels that my post is out of order ,please feel free to report it ,

There are those out there that will argue with a sign post. They remind me of a lingering fart that seemingly won't go away. This is a time when an adapted form of social distancing comes in. Loooong distancing, like not answering at all. Eventually it will dissipate.