DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return Home mod

Reactions
IMG_2877.JPG
This is my actual drone view... after one month having MPP i got my first lost, I managed to find my drone again stucked on a very high tree in the middle of nothing, was very hard to get there because I had to climb on ice, but at least I am sure no one is gonna stole that thing until I manage to get it down in few weeks.
This happend because I mounted on the top of a mountain and lost signal..drone was at 500m high but return home was set at the maximum 150m and tadaaaa my drone decided to descend instead of going up and came back to me.
Now that this stupid thing happened I am asking myself few things:
1. Is there a way to program the drone to came back exactly on the same track instead of having a dumb useless return home that is not seeing the right altitude??
2. If the drone is modded is it possible to set return home altitude much higher than normal? just to gain control again and than flying down by yourself?

Thank you for the help!

If the current altitude is higher than set RTH height it stays where it is and does not descend.

Reactions: Jarthe3
Is there a way to program the drone to came back exactly on the same track instead of having a dumb useless return home that is not seeing the right altitude?
No.

If the drone is modded is it possible to set return home altitude much higher than normal? just to gain control again and than flying down by yourself?
No mods are needed for this one. Just set the appropriate RTH Altitude before taking off.

If the current altitude is higher than set RTH height it stays where it is and does not descend.
Are you sure? mine didn't hover in place..it wouldn't have crashed if it has stay at his alt

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I have mine set to 75m since I live in Mountain regions and regardless if 1ft to 120ft ober had it ever descended. It stays the same or goes up even at times!

Reactions: #28
I got my Mavic back, I have to change propellers and maybe gimbal but the rest seems to be ok..I will do some rth test when is able to fly again..I will also download log to see what really happened, don't want to make the same mistake!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis