DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to home speed fluctuates.

cochitiman

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 with about 50 good flights on it with no problems. Now, in rth, it decides to go from 0 to 24 then halts, (and I mean speed brakes) then goes up to 24 mph, speed brake to 0, speeds up to 24 again, speed brakes, again and again--no end to it. The only way home is to turn off rth and manually fly it in. I've tried the following things: latest firmware and app update yesterday. Cleaned all sensors. Since it acts like it would on a collision course, I've turned off all sensors. Changed batteries. Changed modes from P to sport mode. Tried it in different altitudes and directions. Calibrated compass twice, this because for no apparent reason, I started getting a mag interference warning at about this same time which is off now. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
I have a Mavic 2 with about 50 good flights on it with no problems. Now, in rth, it decides to go from 0 to 24 then halts, (and I mean speed brakes) then goes up to 24 mph, speed brake to 0, speeds up to 24 again, speed brakes, again and again--no end to it. The only way home is to turn off rth and manually fly it in. I've tried the following things: latest firmware and app update yesterday. Cleaned all sensors. Since it acts like it would on a collision course, I've turned off all sensors. Changed batteries. Changed modes from P to sport mode. Tried it in different altitudes and directions. Calibrated compass twice, this because for no apparent reason, I started getting a mag interference warning at about this same time which is off now. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks in advance.

I'll get you the best guy to help you. @sar104 , can you give this person a hand?

Reactions: Cheech Wizard

Please look at the post above and follow the instructions in the links. Once you upload the Flight log viewer and the DAT file @sar104 can look at the data and explain whats going on.

I'm too scared to try all that computer stuff. It'll take me a little while to play with it when I have the time. I sure do appreciate your quick responses. Until I can get to it, my flight log simply shows "go home", then the copter turning and heading home. Then it builds up to 25.7 mph, quickly stops, hovers for a second, accelerates to 27.5, stops, hovers then goes and does it over and over. There is no movement of the sticks shown at anytime until I cancel rth and take over. Then it really gets scary. ha ha

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson