DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RETURN TO HOME

mikebambi

Reactions
was wondering does return to home mode works with low level flying ,like 10 ro 20 feet above ground ,or do we have to be higher ?

Yes, it works when flying at any altitude.

Reactions: mikebambi
was wondering does return to home mode works with low level flying ,like 10 ro 20 feet above ground ,or do we have to be higher ?

You should RTFM immediately, you're starting a new thread for each dumb question, like you can't figure out forward/backward stick or how to press the RTH button or why your video is overexposed because you rotated the EV dial without any clue what it is.

You're in imminent danger of losing $1000, and possibly even hurting someone.

@mikebambi, if you haven't already done so, you can download the Mavic manual from the Mavic downloads page. While it's no doubt important to read the entire manual, the information you're asking about is covered in the "Return-to-Home (RTH)" section of the manual. It's a pretty complicated section of the manual, so you'll want to read it carefully.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
If nothing else, there are hundreds of videos on YouTube. Including several made by DJI itself. Very informative.

hi mike and welcome
put your query in the search bar (spyglass) and you will no doubt find the question has already been covered and resolved.
as said it is essential to read the manual and read again if you dont get it the 1st time.
if you still need help, ask away
have fun.

hi mike and welcome
put your query in the search bar (spyglass) and you will no doubt find the question has already been covered and resolved.
as said it is essential to read the manual and read again if you dont get it the 1st time.
if you still need help, ask away
have fun.
Yes I downloaded the manual and printed it and read it but sometimes i dont comprehend what I am reading ,so I admit I am learning more from you guys than the manual hope I am not boring you with my questions ,droning is a whole new technical world for me

You should RTFM immediately, you're starting a new thread for each dumb question, like you can't figure out forward/backward stick or how to press the RTH button or why your video is overexposed because you rotated the EV dial without any clue what it is.

You're in imminent danger of losing $1000, and possibly even hurting someone.
I am not dumb sir if you dont want to help me please ignore my stupid questions ,be compassionate I am sure that once you started your droning you find yourself a little confused ,it is because I lost my first drone that I am extra careful ,I flew the first one this week and was terrified

I am not dumb sir if you dont want to help me please ignore my stupid questions ,be compassionate I am sure that once you started your droning you find yourself a little confused ,it is because I lost my first drone that I am extra careful ,I flew the first one this week and was terrified

it was not a dumb question until some nice person pointed out that I was flying it backward so I can take a video of myself , forgetting that the stick is the apposite when your nervous you make stupid mistakes ,I promise I will remember not to make that mistake again ,if you think that most people asking questions in this forum are dumb ,than shut it down , one must learn to walk before he starts to run ,now that person who figured out why the controls were not working for me is very intelligent to put himself in my shoes and realised the simple mistake I made and I learned a lot from him

Reactions: Luca Brazzi
Yes I downloaded the manual and printed it and read it but sometimes i dont comprehend what I am reading ,so I admit I am learning more from you guys than the manual hope I am not boring you with my questions ,droning is a whole new technical world for me

Eh don't sweat it, it's the internet! Like I said before try youtube and feel free to ask questions just thicken up your skin and ignore people that are nasty to you.

Here's the link to DJI's videos.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

no one will get bored with questions otherwise nobody would answer.
yup some of the manual is hard if your new.
the technology is progressing all the time, but dont let the tec. take over, you still need to control your drone when it lets you down (and it will)
get the basics down first, fly in open spaces but keep close and in control.
take off and land manually.
pick one thing in the manual that you want to move onto, read, read again. master it and move on.
do it slow and you will be fine. its for fun so dont get bogged down

it was not a dumb question until some nice person pointed out that I was flying it backward so I can take a video of myself , forgetting that the stick is the apposite when your nervous you make stupid mistakes ,I promise I will remember not to make that mistake again ,if you think that most people asking questions in this forum are dumb ,than shut it down , one must learn to walk before he starts to run ,now that person who figured out why the controls were not working for me is very intelligent to put himself in my shoes and realised the simple mistake I made and I learned a lot from him

when pros such are yourselves get so good what you do ,you forget that most people starting out ,have not learned what you know ,you have known it for years but for them its still their first day operating it

when pros such are yourselves get so good what you do ,you forget that most people starting out ,have not learned what you know ,you have known it for years but for them its still their first day operating it

@mikebambi ...... you have already made the first important step in drone flying and that is to ask questions ......

Keep asking questions as that's what forums are for, if you are looking for something specific and you can't find it then make a " looking for X " post and someone will point you in the right direction.

A few links to save that will have 99.9% of answers. ..

DJI Mavic Accessories & Tips - Mavic Help this is msinger's pages lots and lots of drone links and advice in there ..

Save the DJI video links above as these are also a good source of information.

Merry Christmas and Happy Mavic flying.

Last edited:
no one will get bored with questions otherwise nobody would answer.
yup some of the manual is hard if your new.
the technology is progressing all the time, but dont let the tec. take over, you still need to control your drone when it lets you down (and it will)
get the basics down first, fly in open spaces but keep close and in control.
take off and land manually.
pick one thing in the manual that you want to move onto, read, read again. master it and move on.
do it slow and you will be fine. its for fun so dont get bogged down
thank you for your understanding

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson